Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grips for CZ Custom magwell

Dlister70

I currently have these for my CTS .40:

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/grips/cz-ts-medium-grips-aluminum-silver-for-mag-well.html

I'd like to have an all black version of the same grips.  But I don't want to have to shave down a full sized aluminum grip to get there and possibly mess up an $85 set of grips.

Does anyone sell "medium" grips besides the two silver ones at CZC?

I asked at CZC and was directed to Czechmate grips that looked great, but I bought a pair of those and there's a pretty decent gap between the bottom of the grip and the mag well when installed.

Edited by Dlister70

13 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

nope. every cz gun i've had with a magwell i cut a pair of full size grips down. even when a set of compact grips would have fit w/out cutting i still preferred cutting.

That is unfortunate.  I took a shot at cutting down one of those full sized $20 black rubber grips with an exacto knife and was not very impressed with my results.  I doubt I'd be much steadier with a Dremel! :)  

Did you use a grinder to cut them down to size?

38 minutes ago, MRevolutionIX said:

When I cut down cz rubber grips for the CZC magwells, I just used a medium/large pair of scissors.   

IMG_7910.JPG

It looks like that did the trick!  If I do another rubber grip, I'll go that route instead! :) 

40 minutes ago, MRevolutionIX said:

I just recently cut down a pair for a TS orange and I used a dremel and 400 grit sandpaper. 

IMG_7899.JPG

Nicely done!  It looks great!  

So you have two TS orange models but you wanted one to be undercover? :)

1 hour ago, Dlister70 said:

Nicely done!  It looks great!  

So you have two TS orange models but you wanted one to be undercover? :)

Not quite. I was running one in complete stock form and the other with the rubber grips and a number of recoil and hammer spring combinations.  The other one will get a pair of modified rubber grips. 

13 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

If you're open to G10 grips, send Jayson at LOK Grips an email, and I'm sure he'd cut a pair to the right length for you!

+1 for this option. Lok Grips posted this last year on their Facebook. If I used a magwell this is what I would go with but I shoot production so it's not an option for me.

BC7FE23D-D75D-4CCA-947C-8CB9D20DBB5F_zps

17 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

If you're open to G10 grips, send Jayson at LOK Grips an email, and I'm sure he'd cut a pair to the right length for you!

Emailed Jayson this morning, he replied "no problem", and I put the order in this afternoon.  I went with the thin checkered grips in black. 

http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-75/thin/full-checkered/full-size-cz-75-thin-full-checkered-g10/

Thanks for all the responses!

Really happy with LOK grips. I have a pair on my CZ75 and a pair of the thin on my Orange.

For the orange, the grips were a couple thousandths long, so I fitted them with a couple strokes from a flat file. Made for a perfect tight fit. Very easy to do and excellent results.

IMG_0438.jpg

The LOK grips came today!  Great service and turn around time considering they had to cut them.  They fit great with the CZ Custom magwell, and I like the look better with this color of gun than I did with the silver grips on there.

The "sandpaper" feel described on their website is quite accurate. :)  When I first grabbed them, I thought they might be too aggressive.. but as I shot a little more today I got used to them.  

Very happy with the purchase!!