Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz Shadow (Viper) sear help

400driver

Have a Shadow Viper using a Cajungunworks competition hammer that has been an incredibly accurate gun. After much use the sear is getting a small amount of wear as it rubs against the harder hammer.

The gun is a target pistol and is used only in single action.

I installed a CGW billeted sear to match the hammer and the problems started.

On trigger release the hammer would fall a short amount and would not drop completely. The sear clears the hooks but does not make it all the way down to the firing pin.

Could it be that the hammer is interacting with the wings of the disconector ?

In single action, do I even need the disconector installed.

Here is a link to a you tube video of what happens.

I would be really grateful for any suggestions about fixing this problem.

I have reinstalled the original sear after stoning out the slight rounding of the lower sear edge.

I would like to have the CGW sear as it will reduce the wear over time. The trigger is incredibly crisp after stoning the curve and remains so for a few thousand rounds.

Thanks Mark

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Edited by 400driver
poor link

Viper is a CZ Shadow with a 6 inch slide made by a German gun maker. Sear is the same as a shadow.
Not sure it is that as you can continue the trigger pull into the original double action.
Will give it a try though.

Neat!

The screw that you see sticking past the trigger towards the rear is the post-travel adjustment screw. You need to loosen it so the trigger can travel further to allow more sear clearance.

You probably had it set tighter with the worn sear which resulted in more sear wear. You want to make sure it has enough clearance so the hammer isn't grinding away the sear material slowly.

Edited by SlvrDragon50

Ok. Just replaced the CGW sear for the original sear for a big competition at the end of the month. As the sear clears the hooks that would suggest that there is enough over travel.

I will wait till then to give it a try. It's adjusted perfectly now and has virtually no over travel after the hammer drop. It is an incredible pistol, glad you like it.

2 hours ago, 400driver said:

Ok. Just replaced the CGW sear for the original sear for a big competition at the end of the month. As the sear clears the hooks that would suggest that there is enough over travel.

I will wait till then to give it a try. It's adjusted perfectly now and has virtually no over travel after the hammer drop. It is an incredible pistol, glad you like it.

You want a hair of overtravel otherwise the hammer can still hit the sear on the drop. Zero over-travel is asking for premature wear.

7 minutes ago, 400driver said:

Will have a look at it. Do you know if the disconector is needed for single action only?

take the disconnector out. no need for it in SAO.

but it is pretty cool if you cut the wings off and use it as a pretravel limiter. that is awesome.

Edited by eerw

I already have a small screw tapped into the side frame which controls the pre travel. I can just turn the screw and it changes instantly the position of the trigger.

Just now, 400driver said:

I already have a small screw tapped into the side frame which controls the pre travel. I can just turn the screw and it changes instantly the position of the trigger.

thats the beauty of using the disconnector. no screws. no chance of anything ever moving. its beautiful!!!