Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winchester SX3

lppd4

I have a beautiful Winchester SX3 that has been worked over by Briley. The gun looks great and shoots better, It has  plastic/hard rubber fore end and butt stock that has become very sticky. Has anybody else experienced this? An officer where I work has a Browning rifle with the same type stock and his did the same thing. I keep my shotgun in my safe in the house so I don't think heat is an issue. The stock wasn't like this when it was new.

Yes, happened to my SX3 after a couple of years and I ordered new buttstock & forend from Winchester to replace it. New parts are a couple of years old now and have not done this. Might have had a bad batch.

gerritm

Mine did the same thing too. I consider it to be extra grip now. I think that if you use it a bit and it gets handled some that the "extra" sticky would get "wiped/worn" off. Mine only did it once I left it unused for quite a while.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received a package in the mail yesterday, curious because I hadn't ordered anything. Opened the box and Winchester had sent me a brand new butt stock.  They told me they would put me on a waiting list in April and they delivered.          Great customer service from Winchester new fore end was already installed so I have a like new shotgun that is no longer sticky.