Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PS Suggestion

mosher

Not sure where to send suggestions, or if it's been brought up before, but use the product a lot for match management and two common things I encounter thought I'd give suggestion for consideration.  No biggies or deal breakers:

1.  People click "View Squadding", see empty slots, assume the match has openings, send nastygrams to MD when match is full saying they can see empty slots.  Suggestion:  Add "unsquadded competitors" to list somewhere.

2.   People squad online, then get to match dicking around with sorting nook random orders to determine the perfect shooting order.  Suggestion:  Let people squad online in the shooting slot that will be transferred to match.  You squad in slot 3, it puts you in slot 3 on nook, etc.  Or maybe add option to sort by name/shooter number/random to "as ordered on website".

Just some suggestions.  Great product.  Use the hell out of it.  Matches wouldn't be the same without it.

Those are good ideas - we are dealing with those issues as well.

One other thing that would be a help to us. When a competitor enters their member number at registration force them to use the correct format. I get A-123456 and A123456 and 123456 and have to correct them if I can catch them.

• 1 year later...
On 4/13/2017 at 8:38 AM, davidb72 said:

Those are good ideas - we are dealing with those issues as well.

One other thing that would be a help to us. When a competitor enters their member number at registration force them to use the correct format. I get A-123456 and A123456 and 123456 and have to correct them if I can catch them.

We are getting all kinds of wrong entries in this field.  From single characters to wrong USPSA numbers.  It would be great if it would only accept a verified USPSA number or "PEND".  Of course this would mean that the USPSA database would have to be accessible during registration.

BC