Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pivothead POV camera glasses.

daytona955i

I have been using the original pivot heads for several years, and I like them. I wish they had a wider angle of view, so I could see the bottom of the gun during reloads. I looked into the SMART models. But the angle of view did not change. So until mine break, I'll stick with the older model. By the way they had pretty good prices for black Friday and Christmas.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have the SMART model. The video quality is good. I didn't mind the smaller FOV. My problem was that you have keep your head all the way up. I tuck my head in (turtle) so I was only filming my forearms. 

On 4/12/2017 at 8:42 PM, Shepard said:

My problem was that you have keep your head all the way up. I tuck my head in (turtle) so I was only filming my forearms. 

I had already untrained myself from tucking my chin down in order to improve my performance, so they've worked great for me.

The field of view is narrower than something like my old go-pro and ContourHE with  fisheye lenses, but this has three upsides:

1. Things aren't distorted and overexposed: video quality is much improved.

2. Targets don't look unnaturally tiny and far away. What you see is what you shot.

3. Fisheyes make your running look slower. The larger field of view causes things not to zip by as quickly - sounds odd, but absolutely true.

This is my fifth "hat cam" type device and they are by far my favorite. At the right time through super-tactical the standard Durango can be had for $129-149 making them one of the cheapest options out there.

Audio quality is also twice as good as anything else. Gunshots actually sound like gunshots! That was the worst thing about the GoPro.

My YouTube channel:

www.youtube.com/memphismechanic

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I really like mine, had them a little over a year now.  Sometimes you have to give them a boosting charge with a cellphone charger if it's been a while since you used them, but other than that they're very reliable.  Haven't tried the SMART ones yet, but might in the future.  Audio quality is indeed good and I'm impressed with the lens quality as well.