Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help with slide manufacturer

1911vm

I am looking to buy a 9mm slide/upper . a guy reached out to me offering this upper. he thins it's a Caspian .  all the looking that I did Caspians usually have name or logo. any help would be great on figuring out whose upper this is thanks 

20170410_210927.jpg

One of the nice things about Caspian slides is you can order it your way.  That includes your choice of logos or in this case, no logos.

If  you look at the ordering section for their slides, you can see the options.  The only thing that could make this stand out as a Caspian slide is all their slide come with a firing pin tunnel cut for 9mm firing pins (this includes the 45 ACP slide).

https://www.caspianarms.com/slides/government-5-slide-carbon

It is not a Caspian slide, I just pulled one of my pistols out to compare.  Like Rich said, the serrations are not the same and the bevel at the ejection port is different.  Maybe a Fusion.  If the price is not stupid, you may be OK.   Not a Caspian for sure.

so tough to say, so much depends upon the quality and state of the barrel, as well as its fit.

i've seen pretty basic used full slides go for $175 and go up very quickly from there for nicer systems into the many hundreds.

Edited by wanttolearn

A used upper is rarely a "Drop In" part from one frame to the next. The slide usually needs to be fitted to the frame rails and the barrel's lower lugs need to be fitted to the new slide/frame fit. You could likely spend more on getting this "Used" upper to fit and function properly on your existing frame. If the seller doesn't even know the manufacture of the slide that should also raise some red flags.

Save yourself some trouble and just get a new slide and barrel fitted to your existing frame. At least that way you know it will be fit correctly and function reliably.