Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil for 40 S&W spring weight

Fuzz

Struggling with recoil on the Trojan 40 a bit. Seems to recovering beyond parallel. I have a 14 lb in Major power factor running in it now. Curious what you all are doing.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:50 PM, Fuzz said:

Struggling with recoil on the Trojan 40 a bit. Seems to recovering beyond parallel. I have a 14 lb in Major power factor running in it now. Curious what you all are doing.

I have the same gun, used several powders then started changing my springs, I went from a 12 pound all the way to an 18 lb and the gun still slams back so hard that its smashing the frame..Ive given up on this gun

35 minutes ago, Tonka said:

I have the same gun, used several powders then started changing my springs, I went from a 12 pound all the way to an 18 lb and the gun still slams back so hard that its smashing the frame..Ive given up on this gun

18?  What power factor is your load? 18 lbs seems a little much.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shoot a Tactical sport orange. 40, 180gr, 170pf. Had a friend video me shooting gun, then went back and watch it in slow motion. This was very helpful to see how gun reacted to different spring weights. Started with a 13#, finally decided on a 11#