Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa membership

calebj06

Do I have to have my membership active before shooting a classifier stage for it to count? 

Im new and shooting my first match next weekend. I know there is a classifier stage. I'm not yet a uspsa member, but as long as all goes well I will join. I'm just thinking if I dont join before the match I'll loose this classifier counting. 

Caleb

The only way the club can send your classifier score in to USPSA is with your membership number, you don't get that until you join. You don't need a membership to shoot the match (no matter how many times you do it), but you need to join to keep track of your classifier scores (percentage wise) Practiscore will show you how you did compared to the other shooters in the match, but that doesn't equate to percentages nationwide (actually worldwide). I wouldn't let it bother you, after you get involved, missing one (or a few) classifier scores won't bother you. Have fun and stop worrying about stuff like this. :)

Not sure why you need to wait to join. Do it online and give them a call towards the end of the week. They'll tell you your number so you don't have to wait for the snail mail. It's $40. Why wait?

Edited by Eureka1911