Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI Flat Trigger DVC 3-gun

gerritm

Anyone swapped out their stock curved trigger in the DVC3-gun for an SVI?  Either the tri-glide or standard with a flat insert? Which would fit better? I know there is some opening up of the grip to fit. Thinking the flat trigger would give him better control with finger placement.

Could try the STI gunsmith blank. Loves the gun.

gerritm

Triglide or standard doesn't really matter much, either will require a little fitting. The blank is another option that can yield the same result, but it doesn't have that SV bling to it...

Edited by wgj3

I like flat triggers, too.  For less than 40 bucks you can get the STI gunsmith blank and just knock off the sharp corners/mod as you wish - and it is an easy install and light weight.  Not super sexy, but works and feels great. 

The X-line Vario Trigger flat extra is pretty cool looking, thanks for posting that.  Never seen them before.  It looks like a Caspian Trik trigger which is a great feeling trigger.

I've installed 4 X-lines in 2011s and one in a 1911. None required any alterations to the bow. With a STI plastic grip, the shoe dropped in, too. When fitting to two different brands of steel grips, very minimal filing was required on the shoe. 

None of these were the "drop-in" models. 

7 hours ago, gerritm said:

I might try one in my open DVC, I have flat triggers on my rifles and really like them.

gerritm

Ordered one for my DVC, or his depending on who gets it first.

gerritm

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the STI gunsmith blank flat trigger in my son's DVC & it worked out well. Seems like it has taken a little of the creep/pre-travel out and may just be a tad lighter. Did a stipple job on the face. Will shoot it in a match this weekend if the weather holds off.

Installed the X-line fit in Flat trigger in my open DVC and it took quite a bit of filing on the aluminum trigger shoe sides to get it to fit in the plastic grips, but turned out good. Looks clean and feels nice. The bow fit fine with no adjustment.  Will shoot it this weekend.

gerritm

STI Gunsmith blank trigger worked out great. Smooth and crisp with very little pre-travel. Shot it Sunday and all good.

Installed the X-Line in my DVC, tested it without the mag and all good. Inserted mag and it is very hard to pull. Mag drops free. Can get it to click but very hard. Not the over-travel screw. Pulled it back out and when you put a mag in the bow you can see it is very tight towards the front of the mag. Trigger bow fits nice in the frame, slides smoothly. There is a slight  silver solder bump from where they attached the shoe adjustment screw thru the inside of the frame.

What would be the next step. Open up the front inside corners of the bow slightly. Looks like that is where it touches first. Plenty of metal in the front of the bow to work with. File off the small weld. Not sure where to go next.

gerritm