Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone running the magpul Glock 21rd mags

If you are running the 21rd magpul glock mags will you give the rest of us a report on reliability? How does it compare to a glock w/ taran extension or zev extention? Is the total length 140 mm or could you add the GL-L plate which adds 1/4” in length?

magpul 21rd.jpg

I've only been using them for about a month now but I haven't had any issues.  I prefer the feel of a Glock mag with a Taran extension.  There's a little more weight to it, personal preference.  I also have had some situations where the extra 2 rounds with the Taran has eliminated the need for a reload.  That being said, for the price I don't think that you can go wrong.  They're reliable (so far), relatively easy to load to capacity, easy to disassemble for cleaning, and most of all CHEAP.  Only time will tell for long term durability.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I bought several from brownells who came in cheapest with coupon code LDD. If you use that code and spend over 100$ you get 10$ off and free shipping. So that means 6 (21rd) magpul glock mags for 93$! 

• 2 weeks later...

After a couple of range trips I am sad to report that these magazines won't reliably lock back after the last round or drop free in my glock 34. I was hoping this would be an economical option for three gun. Does anyone have a maintenance tip on how to make these mags lock back and drop free? Otherwise they are going back to brownells and i'll be buying factory mags and aftermarket extensions.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...