Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rudy Readers

njl

I've been wearing Rudy's for several years now...Started with Magsters, then got a deal on Rydons and decided they're more comfortable with muffs on, so the Rydon has been my usual shooting glasses for a while now.  I'm near-sighted, but not too bad, but also have astigmatism and convergence insufficiency, so I have a bit of prism as well.  At the beginning of this year, I finally got my first pair of progressive lenses...admitted to the optometrist that I have to look over/under my lenses to read on my phone...and it's gotten to the point where I have a hard time reading headstamps with my glasses.  My eyes aren't so bad (yet) that I have any trouble seeing the sights and target.  

So, after spending way more than I should have on a new frame and progressive lenses for daily wear, I was actually contemplating whether I should get one of my Rudy Rx inserts updated with either progressive or bifocal lenses.  Then I remembered "Rudy Readers", and Rudy had a sale going on a week or so ago, so I ordered two sets of Rydon Reader lenses (clear, which I figured would be for shooting, and polarized smoke which I figured would be good for sun glasses/fishing and being able to see to tie knots).  They arrived yesterday, so I shot with them today.  The bifocal was a bit distracting at first...but nowhere near as bad as the several weeks it took to get used to progressive lenses.  They didn't seem to cause any issues with my pistol shooting.

Anyone else wearing bifocals/progressives for daily wear using these with a single distance correction lens in the Rx insert?