Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What brands 9mm 124 gr JHP's are you using?

Hi-Power Jack

Go Everglades. When you order in case quantity they are basically the same price as PD, but a better profile for feeding. They are so rounded they are nearly a full RN profile, so they will feed better at a wider range of lengths.

They are out of stock right now, but here is the link:

http://www.evergladesammo.com/bullets/handgun-bullets/9mm-124gr-jhp-rn-v2.html

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Gooldylocks said:

Go Everglades. When you order in case quantity they are basically the same price as PD, but a better profile for feeding. They are so rounded they are nearly a full RN profile, so they will feed better at a wider range of lengths.

They are out of stock right now, but here is the link:

http://www.evergladesammo.com/bullets/handgun-bullets/9mm-124gr-jhp-rn-v2.html

Those look pretty good.  

I may have to give them a try and see how accuracy compares to the PD 115's I've been using...

ETA-Although at 20k, PD 115's are $85 cheaper than the Everglades Version 2 115gr.

Edited by d_striker

Those look pretty good.  

I may have to give them a try and see how accuracy compares to the PD 115's I've been using...

ETA-Although at 20k, PD 115's are $85 cheaper than the Everglades Version 2 115gr.

Email for a quote on big bulk orders.

Accuracy wise, in my gun they shoot very similarly to the PDs. They were slightly more accurate in my gun on the one single day that I tested them back-to-back. Without much more thorough testing, I wouldn't call either of them more accurate.

Jack, that was just the 1000 quantity price. At 3000, price/1000 is $88.67 and this bullet is constructed heavy enough that it can also be used in defense loads if needed.

+ FREE SHIPPING currently.

The precision deltas are pretty good SD Bullets as well.

The precision deltas are pretty good SD Bullets as well.

I was wondering if there was any data on the PD bullets and expansion for SD? I have searched the web but haven't found much info. I guess I could just call them and ask? I always assumed they were NOT designed to expand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard MG claims their bullets are NOT meant for SD and expansion - just for targets.

I read the same about MG. Might have even been direct from MG. But like I said I couldn't find anything pro or con for PD.

26 minutes ago, 57K said:

it has a velocity threshold around 1150 FPS. The new bullet has  minimum velocity recommendation of 1100 FPS where I typically load my own just above 1200 FPS.

So, that's okay to load to 9mm Major velocity?

20 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

I was wondering if there was any data on the PD bullets and expansion for SD? I have searched the web but haven't found much info. I guess I could just call them and ask? I always assumed they were NOT designed to expand.

Precision Delta 124 jhps are not marketed as a SD bullet.

However they preform quite well in ballistic testing, and I have no issues carrying them in my EDC.  Expansion and penetration is very very similar to that of an XTP,  up to about 1150 fps.  They are not bonded, and may begin to separate above ~1200. 

PD 124 jhp into ballistic gelatin.....

58f6814895c52_124jhp.thumb.JPG.d3c184112b478926b4c0de3bf3e44ef7.JPG

Edited by Ssanders224

Anybody ever run 357 sig jhp? I tried a sample pack of 10  125gr jhp from montanagold one time (freebie grab at a match) so I loaded them up along with 124 jhp MG and shot them off a bag at about 40 yards back to back. The difference in accuracy between those two with the load I was trying was considerable but I don't know if it was that particular bullet that made the diff or what it was. I don't know what makes a bullet a 357 sig because Montana gold are still 355/356 diameter. The shape of them looks very similar to Everglades rounded jhp too. I'm tempted to try the Everglades jhp or a case of Montana gold 357sig 125g jhp, but I keep convincing myself to refrain from tinkering with loads and just stick to the plan of practice practice practice... the struggle

On 4/18/2017 at 5:20 PM, Shmella said:

Anybody ever run 357 sig jhp? I tried a sample pack of 10  125gr jhp from montanagold one time (freebie grab at a match) so I loaded them up along with 124 jhp MG and shot them off a bag at about 40 yards back to back. The difference in accuracy between those two with the load I was trying was considerable but I don't know if it was that particular bullet that made the diff or what it was. I don't know what makes a bullet a 357 sig because Montana gold are still 355/356 diameter. The shape of them looks very similar to Everglades rounded jhp too. I'm tempted to try the Everglades jhp or a case of Montana gold 357sig 125g jhp, but I keep convincing myself to refrain from tinkering with loads and just stick to the plan of practice practice practice... the struggle

Yea..  that 125GR Sig JHP is the only bullet I use for the last 5 years. I like it way better than the 124GR JHP (TC) and use it in .3SC and 9MM (PPC 160 PF). 

Edited by 2011BLDR

On 4/18/2017 at 7:20 PM, Shmella said:

I've loaded the PD 124 JHP in .357 Sig.  Worked great but I don't carry with them, I have a case of Speer Gold Dot for carry.  But the PD seems to be a well suited profile for .357 Sig.  I prefer the PD bullets in general because the base is not exposed lead and is formed consisently.