Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What brands 9mm 124 gr JHP's are you using?

Hi-Power Jack

I'm getting down to the end of my Horde of MG 124 gr JHP's,

and going to have to place a LARGE order soon.

Besides MG & Zero's ,  what other brands   are there that you

like, and what do they cost for JHP's,  in Large Quantities?

Not interested in anything that's going to have to be

scrubbed out of my comp, like FMJ's or lead.

Thanks,

Jack

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Precision Delta. Quality product. Great price. No affiliation. Just like em. Shoot them in everything but my 9MM Sub/Silencer loads (that's the only thing I still use plated for). Well, I do use MG 95gr JHP for my 380's and steel loads, cheapest 95gr bullet when purchased by the case. BUT other than that Precision Delta are the best made least expensive JHP I can find.

You do have to purchase a minimum of 2000 per bullet type to get a discount but that doesn't sound like I should be a problem for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full disclosure... I do have an affiliation ?

But we work hard to make sure PD 124 JHPs are the perfect bullet for open shooters.... AND that they are the most affordable JHP option.

I work with the bullets every day, and I compete with them on the weekends. We do everything possible to make sure USPSA shooters have a bullet that they can trust. 

14 hours ago, theWacoKid said:

PD is $0.089 per 124 gr JHP 

MG is $0.096 per 124 gr JHP

Maybe there are deeper discounts for 20k or more. I've heard such but never tried. 

PD does like a $2 discount per thousand at 20k.  Not a huge discount but who doesn't like saving $40?

2 hours ago, Ssanders224 said:

Full disclosure... I do have an affiliation ?

But we work hard to make sure PD 124 JHPs are the perfect bullet for open shooters.... AND that they are the most affordable JHP option.

I work with the bullets every day, and I compete with them on the weekends. We do everything possible to make sure USPSA shooters have a bullet that they can trust. 

I'm currently shooting MG 124gr JHP bullets... 

I've heard that your PD bullets contain more copper than MG...  and that the copper reduces friction in the bore letting PD JHP's run faster (higher velocity than MG) with the same amount of powder...  Is there any truth to that?

27 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

I've heard that your PD bullets contain more copper than MG...  and that the copper reduces friction in the bore letting PD JHP's run faster (higher velocity than MG) with the same amount of powder...  Is there any truth to that?

Our jacket material does contain less zinc (more copper) than the material used in MG jhps.  This is also the reason for difference in color. 

45 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

In my open guns, PD run about 20-25 FPS faster than MG's.  

13 minutes ago, echotango said:

PD were slower in 2 of my guns.  Not much, but slower. 

This is why I didn't comment on velocity. 

There are so many factors at play (barrels, rifling, bore size, etc) that I cannot say that PD bullets will be "faster" across the board. 

Due to the smaller percentage of Zn, the jacket material is softer, but that does not necessarily directly correlate into faster velocities.