Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot my open gun with no comp today

ShortBus

It was amazing. Comp came loose again so I took it off. Shot 10 rounds with no comp. 

i figured it would be harsh but boy was I wrong! 

Muzzle rise was obviously more than regular but the gun shot SOOOO soft. Like 4lbs revolver shooting .22's. It's like I never even fired the gun. 

Why does the comp make it so much worse!?!?

Geez.  I've found just the opposite.  When I shoot my Open loads through my Limited upper, they are a LOT harsher than my Limited Loads in the same.  40sw, both loaded to 172PF, but with different bullets and powders.

3 hours ago, thompsoncustom said:

Ive loaded some 9mm major 147gr bullets and the recoil wasnt bad at all but i cant say it was better than the 115gr with the comp on.

Makes me wonder why mines different. I'd  rather shoot it with no comp if the muzzle didn't come up so much. 

Edited by ShortBus

• 3 weeks later...
Yea it was loose again. I need one with a set screw. I just bought one off here with the set screw so I should be good

A friend of mine was having the same issue even with a set screw. He determined the threads were cut so tight that is was pushing out all of the loctite. So he tried letting the thread lock dry before screwing on the comp and the problem has went away now

• 3 months later...