Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Razor HD JM1 question: Did I get a bad one?

louu

I just mounted it up and put the battery in. I turned it on the highest setting and the top vertical line lights up red with the dot. It gets dimmer at the lower settings and dissappears around 8, meaning on setting 8 the dot looks good and the top vertical line is black.

Is this normal or did they miss with the black paint in there?

I was in the house with the lights on and the windows open looking outside on a mostly sunny day.

I took it outside today, it's 100% sun and on 11 I can see the red in the top line a little but not on 10.

Just want to know if anyone else who has this exact scope has the same problem. 

I don't think they are open today or I would call, I'll try Monday. 

Edited by louu

15 hours ago, louu said:

I was in the house with the lights on and the windows open looking outside on a mostly sunny day.

I took it outside today, it's 100% sun and on 11 I can see the red in the top line a little but not on 10.

Just want to know if anyone else who has this exact scope has the same problem. 

I don't think they are open today or I would call, I'll try Monday. 

I have had the same scope for years, only the dot lights up, call Vortex

I just got mine out of the safe to look.  Currently in a room with  somewhat dim lighting and looking at a night-time window.

Mine shows red on the top part of the reticle at all the brightness settings that are currently too bright for what shooting conditions would be right now.

The Razors illumination is so nuclear bright I don't think I have ever even used the 10 or 11 setting even shooting outside on brightly lit winter days with a bunch of snow cover.  At matches in the daytime I typically wind up shooting it on 6 or 7, generally.

I got out my Steiner T5Xi 1-5x and it also had illumination bleeding onto the top part of the reticle at the most intense brightness settings.    

I think it is normal to see reticle illumination bleeding like that if you turn them way up over what current conditions call for in regard to ideal brightness for the center dot.

10 hours ago, Vespid_Wasp said:

I just got mine out of the safe to look.  Currently in a room with  somewhat dim lighting and looking at a night-time window.

Mine shows red on the top part of the reticle at all the brightness settings that are currently too bright for what shooting conditions would be right now.

The Razors illumination is so nuclear bright I don't think I have ever even used the 10 or 11 setting even shooting outside on brightly lit winter days with a bunch of snow cover.  At matches in the daytime I typically wind up shooting it on 6 or 7, generally.

I got out my Steiner T5Xi 1-5x and it also had illumination bleeding onto the top part of the reticle at the most intense brightness settings.    

I think it is normal to see reticle illumination bleeding like that if you turn them way up over what current conditions call for in regard to ideal brightness for the center dot.

Agree,

Checked mine. Inside, bleed. Outside, no bleed.

Awesome thank you guys. 

I just called Vortex and they said the same thing, I just had it up to high. He said if it was off to the side then it would need to go back. 

I never had any kind of red dot anything.