Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pcc accuracy

Playing with 95 grain precision delta bullets.  Below is a group I shot at 50 yards. 2 to  2-1/2" at 50 seems to be a good average.  I have not had this good of results with 95 grain coated bullets.  I acquired some 90 grain frangible bullets to test, I think they will be more accurate. I tried a few today, I love the recoil impulse at 125 pf.  I am going to load some at 130 and check the results.  Is there anyone else playing with lighter bullets?

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Tested 3 different loads at 25 yards last weekend. 3.0gr Titegroup/147 Blue Bullet, 3.3gr Titegroup/98gr Eggleston, & 3.6grTitegroup/115gr Extreme RN. All shot in the same quarter sized group. The Eggleston felt the softest with the BB load next. Love the JP barrel.

gerritm

41 minutes ago, gerritm said:

Tested 3 different loads at 25 yards last weekend. 3.0gr Titegroup/147 Blue Bullet, 3.3gr Titegroup/98gr Eggleston, & 3.6grTitegroup/115gr Extreme RN. All shot in the same quarter sized group. The Eggleston felt the softest with the BB load next. Love the JP barrel.

gerritm

Now that you have the JP barrel, are you loading longer than before?  Do you notice any difference in muzzle movement or accuracy with different OAL?

Thanks.

Bill

Just being able to run the longer 147 Blue Bullets in my JP barrel was awesome. There's not much of a difference in dot movement going from a Blue 147 loaded to 1.135 " to 1.170 " OAL with the same powder charge. Changing the weights at similar power factor does change dot movement. 

3 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Now that you have the JP barrel, are you loading longer than before?  Do you notice any difference in muzzle movement or accuracy with different OAL?

Thanks.

Bill

Did the plunk test before I installed the barrel on everything loaded we had laying around from 1.08 115's & 147gr Extremes to 1.16 124JHP from my open gun and they all dropped and spun. Settled on 1.12 for the 147 BB's  cause that is what we are loading for my son's DVC and 1.10 for the 98gr. Surprisingly the 98gr with 3.3gr  Titegroup have knocked over all of the steel including the big poppers with no trouble. Probably will not make PF for USPSA. Need to bump it up to about 4.0 to make PF, but for all steel match it was great. Very soft.

They all pretty much shot in the same quarter sized hole at 25 yards. Muzzle movement is very flat and with the KAW Linear comp it is straight back. Transitions are about the same even though it is heavier. Best thing I did was to go to the JP barrel. PCC has been running 100% now with about 1K rounds thru it. Having fun shooting it.

gerritm

Eric is running these 98gr. Egglestons in his CZ and he chronoed them with 4.0 @ 1.10 OAL and it made PF. Not sure exactly the number, but thanks for the info these are good starting points.

Really like these bullets and they are cheap, $70 per 1K. Like the colors. Easy to load straight once I figured out to bell the case a little more. No real lead or fouling, either. Very accurate.

gerritm

34 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Gerritm, you might start at 4.5 gr Titegroup and ladder up to 5 gr for your 95 grain bullets. Our 95 grain load chrono'ed at 126 PF (4.5 gr) but more powder definitely had less dot movement for us with a JP comp. 

Made it to the range this afternoon to test several spring/buffer combinations and a few different bullets.

Good news is lighter springs and buffers solved my problem of the gun doubling.  Interesting news is how much more dot movement I get with 125 gr bullets versus 147 grain bullets.

Did not get a chance to chrono any of the lighter bullets yet but its something to experiment with.

Bill

10 hours ago, gerritm said:

gerritm

That's interesting you're getting good accuracy with Blue Bullets and Xtreme in your JP barrel. I have a JP barrel in mine as well and it took a lot of testing to find a load with decent accuracy. I tried a couple weights of Blue Bullets and Xtreme and all were around 2" at 25 yards. I was beginning to think there might be something wrong with the barrel until I tried Precision Delta 124gr JHPs and got under 1". Now I'm interested to see how it does with those at 50 and 100.

Shooting an 8MOA C-More at 25 yards it is hard to cover the exact spot each time especially as you go out towards 50 & 100. Did some shooting at 50 with several of the loads and it was more than acceptable, but I was not trying for group size. Not sure past 50. Seems like the 98gr are the most consistent and accurate at 25. With the BB next. Dot movement is least with the light bullets/light load as expected, with the 147's next. Both are very close. I am going to do some chrono work to make sure whatever load I use for USPSA makes PF, but for outlaw and steel matches the 98gr Egglestons are hard to beat. I will probably not shoot these in 3-gun at longer distances, so I am not too concerned.

gerritm