Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik tp9sf & sfx, not USPSA legal....

mikeAZ

I have both, neither are on the "good guy" list @ USPSA. I've gotten a email from Troy @ USPSA saying neither has been submitted for approval?. I've sent 2 emails (no phone# for them) to Canik USA and not a peep from them. I also emailed the importer, Century Arms and no response from them either???...Now I'm seeing reports that there may never be approval as they are considered "single action" only, even though they mimic several "approved" pistols that are on the "good guy" list @ USPSA.  Update info please....

waktasz, Good, Internet rumors fly.. Never know what to believe.... Been emailing / trying to get Canik  and Century Arms to submit paperwork to get their guns approved for carry optics, production, whatever.... Almost feels like they don't know how to get the ball rolling????....Sure looks like someone had an idea with the introduction of the TP9SF & the TP9SFX?, but who knows??? Check the Canik forum, seems very good for a start up...

Maybe Patrick Kelly is the man?.... Good reviews on both models, HEY, Patrick.... Help....

Edited by mike NM
spelling

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with the folks at Century arms today they were at the range. I told them to get their guns on the approved list. Those things have a great trigger and come with nice Warren sights.

I spoke with the folks at Century arms today they were at the range. I told them to get their guns on the approved list. Those things have a great trigger and come with nice Warren sights.

Ok...and what did they say?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Check out the "Canik Forum".. Can't get the ball rolling there either. What poor representative's "Century  Arms" is for an importer....No response to 4 e-mails from me.   Customer support is not on their to do list!!!....

waktasz, These are very well made guns and the price is low at this time... Bought the SF for $269. The TP9SFX is ready for optics and comes with Warren tactical rear sights. NICE trigger right out of the box.... And I think I needed a new gun or two.....

waktasz,

Simple. The SFX is more reliable, shoots better, same trigger reset, feels better, and has more optic-ready plates than a Q5!  At the price point, I can buy 2 of the SFXs vs one Q5.  Besides, the Q5 is having dead trigger issues and launching the FP....... Read the Walther forum.  I have a Q5 with the dead trigger.  IMO, Unreliable, over priced, and unsat!.  SFX has 2200+ rounds without cleaning and still rocking along.  I like a gun like that, especially in the games!!!  The parts thing is just starting and everyone has to start somewhere, right?

Have to go shoot this gun again, can't keep it out of my hands!  Peace out. 

Edited by WxGuy

• 1 month later...