Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel City 2-Gun Match Hoover, AL 4/29/17

We are going to be running a match on 5th Saturdays that should give you a good workout on your rifle and pistol skills. It will be a mix of Bay and longer-distance stages with targets from up-close to 300yds or so. Stages will be set up such that they require minimal reset yet plenty of fun and challenge. Expect there to be 6-7 stages with a fairly even balance of requirted rounds between the 2 guns; expect to need around 100-125rds for each gun depending on how much you miss. All rifle targets will be at least 3-4MOA and pistol targets will be mostly generous. This will not be an "equipment intensive" match. Rifle/carbine with 2-3 magazines and pistol with same number is all that should be required. You may note that there are not a lot of limitations on gear, so this is great place to bring out all your toys and give them a run on the clock.

https://practiscore.com/steel-city-2-gun-match-042917/register

Fun events that are well run. Great stages that are straight forward but challenging. Usually have a wide range of friendly and helpful shooters from sponsored, military, LEO, to casual. Well worth your Saturday. 

Edited by Chip3
can't spell

Same as David used to do. 1 hit in A,B, or C zones OR 2 anywhere to neutralize paper for Heavy. Steel must fall/react.

No mag capacity limits for Heavy rifles and heavy pistols are limited to140mm for double stack and 170mm for single stack.

Edited by wgj3
Clarification

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, wgj3 said:

Same as David used to do. 1 hit in A,B, or C zones OR 2 anywhere to neutralize paper for Heavy. Steel must fall/react.

No mag capacity limits for Heavy rifles and heavy pistols are limited to140mm for double stack and 170mm for single stack.

I am glad to see that you are bringing back the matches, I have always enjoyed them. I am going to try and make this one.

Hurley

That is the plan. The only time that I would plan to cancel or adjust (outside of major holidays, etc.) would be if David Tapp wanted to take one of the 5th Saturdays for some other style of match like a "DMR-ish"-type match with smaller targets and greater distances. Even that could still be shot with the same gear, but more scope/precision might also be helpful. Come on down!

• 2 weeks later...

Hope shooters will chime in with feedback, but I thought it went fairly well.

Congrats to Hurley, HRider on here winning the custom slide package from Precision Tactical.

We will run another one on July 29th.

I sent feedback in an email, but basically what I told Will was that I was happy with stage design (especially liked the natural terrain stages, even though I bombed them) and target presentation. The match designers made good use of a very good facility. I like the scoring, I had a blast and I intend to come back again. We talked about adding water kegs or bottled water to the stages for upcoming matches. I thought the match ran smooth, especially for a first event. Thanks for putting on the match, and a big thank you to Precision Tactical for sponsoring the match.

Hurley

59 minutes ago, HRider said:

I sent feedback in an email, but basically what I told Will was that I was happy with stage design (especially liked the natural terrain stages, even though I bombed them) and target presentation. The match designers made good use of a very good facility. I like the scoring, I had a blast and I intend to come back again. We talked about adding water kegs or bottled water to the stages for upcoming matches. I thought the match ran smooth, especially for a first event. Thanks for putting on the match, and a big thank you to Precision Tactical for sponsoring the match.

Hurley

It was good to get to shoot with you again Hurley..  it's been too long.

Yep. Will did a nice job... i enjoyed the match as well.  I mentioned a few of the same things... all in all i think its on a good path.

I enjoyed the match too. Nice mix of stages and I liked the simple scoring. I looked for the next 5th Saturday on my way home and set a reminder in my calendar.

Can't think of any suggestions for improvement other than trying to keep the barrels in place. The water sounds good in case we run out of what we bring.

22 hours ago, caspian guy said:

It was good to get to shoot with you again Hurley..  it's been too long.

Yep. Will did a nice job... i enjoyed the match as well.  I mentioned a few of the same things... all in all i think its on a good path.

It was good to shoot with you again. I enjoyed hanging out with folks that I have not seen in a while and meeting new folks.  Maybe the word will get out and more of the folks that used to shoot Tapp's matches will come out and play too. 

Hurley