Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barrel Differences

A month ago, I purchased a lightly used top end for my stock 2. Seller stated that all parts were stock except dawson front sight. Tonight, I finally got around to messing with this upper and here is what I find:

58e6e539e641e_barrelsupclose.thumb.jpg.986127f6089079e2ed6b7957c32efc2a.jpg

There is a significant length difference between the two. Could this barrel be from a limited pro? I'd say its probably 1/8" or so, just guessing. I put them on the scale and there is a .2 oz difference in the two. Good news is, I put my other barrel in, mounted up the 8MOA  j-point and changed NOTHING else. Heavy guide rod, scale grips, PD heavy firing pin, and Taylor Freelance basepad. 

jpoint making weight.jpg

Thanks guys, I wasn't aware of that thread. Did anyone here purchase the primary machine jpoint mount? I need to know what size they are threaded for. Nothing that fastenal had in stock was a tight fit, so I drilled and tapped them for 6-40 screws, but I've got another one coming that I would prefer to use the screws made for it if possible. I sent primary machine a message a few days ago, but haven't recieved a response. Figured I ask yall. Thanks.

Yup, I've got the same experience. One S2 is a 2016 variant and an older 2014? S2 bought used that has a different barrel length as you noted. Everything is running fine, nothing to worry about.

Weights are essentially the same between the older and newer guns due to an increase in frame thickness as well as some reduction in the backstrap area. Combined with the newer shorter barrels my old and new Stock 2 weigh the same but the newer one is more nose-heavy.