Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNG Finally posting

AZOTH99

Finally posting up, I've been avoiding forums as I was pretty much addicted to a few with cars & Jeeps years ago. A fellow MD from the neighboring club who has been helping me out said I need to get on here, so I'm here. Hopefully I can learn to be a better, more effective and efficient MD, RO, and hopefully soon CRO.

So about me:

Born and raised in the Hill Country of Texas. I've been shooting pretty much my whole life from pellet guns, .22s, hunting rifles etc...  While on active duty I've been to a few combat orientated shooting schools, I've shot a few local indoor matches to keep the skills up before deploying, then took 7-8 year break from shooting any matches until Sept. of 2015 and started back up with GSSF & USPSA matches. 2016 I went in full steam ahead with USPSA, became an R.O. in July and took over as Match Director for the local club as they needed someone to step up Jan of this year. Some may say to much to soon, but I can handle it. Besides someone had to step up. The best way for me to learn is to do it jump in feet first and run with it. I've received a ton of help & support from fellow shooters, and that's what I'm here now for as well.    

As far as what matches I attend, mostly USPSA shooting Glocks and Glock Mag PCCs. Probably will shoot Single Stack (wife prefers 1911s) at some point here as I'd like to get classified in it & everything else. Why? Why not have fun and shoot everything I can? I do prefer Production Division over everything, I just recently got a Carry Optics G34, but am currently having a blast with PCC. I shoot black rifle matches/ sport carbine/ western sport carbine matches which ever you want to call it as well. At some point I'm sure I'll shoot 3-gun, as I've helped out at a few matches. I've shot Steel Challenge too.

Why Glocks, honestly I never wanted one, wanted anything to do with them, pretty much hated them right up until my team mate said " just try it AL ", then I held it and pulled the trigger. After that all I wanted to shoot was Glocks. It just felt right, naturally aimed right, and mine have always worked. (knock on wood) 

Hopefully I can get some great knowledge, & info here. And in the future have something to contribute to others as well.

Cheers,

AL

"There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit."

- Ronald Reagan 40th President of the United States (1981-1989)

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:31 PM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Welcome aboard, Al :)

Wow, sounds like you and your wife have it covered    :bow:

I presume you're reloading?

Just recently got into reloading. A friend lets me use his press until I can free up some coin to get my own.