Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Mag Well?

OK- just starting into PCC- using the Cotl/Brownell 32 round mags and a TF plus 10.

Are mag wells allowed- cant find any info on that-

If so what have you used and does it help if a reload is necessary?

PS: using a Hann Block in an AR15 lower-

Thanks

Edited by Rolex
1 hour ago, Rolex said:

OK- just starting into PCC- using the Cotl/Brownell 32 round mags and a TF plus 10.

Are mag wells allowed- cant find any info on that-

If so what have you used and does it help if a reload is necessary?

PS: using a Hann Block in an AR15 lower-

Thanks

Magwells are fine in USPSA PCC. The only firearm restrictions are listed in the PCC appendix: https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-rules.php

There may be others available but this one got me through a classifier match and several speed shoots:

https://taccom3g.com/product/taccom-magazine-funnel/

Edited by ChuckS
  • 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, Fallout556 said:

Also do any of the long term owners out there think the magwell is worth is?

I’ve went back and forth with the idea of a magwell on a PCC and with how often reloads happen and how much you think you’ll save yourself on average per reload, it is more of a “looks cool” part than anything.

just my opinion.

14 minutes ago, Red_Dot said:

I’ve went back and forth with the idea of a magwell on a PCC and with how often reloads happen and how much you think you’ll save yourself on average per reload, it is more of a “looks cool” part than anything.

just my opinion.

I know several guys who run them because pcc is what they do in the off season and don't dry fire them much.  For them it really helps with the beercan grip on classifieds and such.  I think if you dry fired with it regularly it would be less necessary

I use the Stern Adapter for Glock Mags, which has been very reliable, and I've even gotten used to the unconventional location of the mag release.  My only gripe was that the magwell was pretty narrow and changes could be finicky.  Definitely an issue in my state which has a 'high capacity' ban.  But Stern now makes an attachable flared well made from delrin, and it works very well.  Obviously only works with the Stern adapter, but if anyone was thinking of going that way it has the option now.

stern-defense-mag-ad-flare-flared-magwel

IMG_7247.jpg 

Edited by MoRivera
2 hours ago, chenault said:

I know several guys who run them because pcc is what they do in the off season and don't dry fire them much.  For them it really helps with the beercan grip on classifieds and such.  I think if you dry fired with it regularly it would be less necessary

All that being said, I couldn’t pass up 30% off TTI and picked up a magwell and extension. There’s nothing wrong with buying parts cuz you like them.

7 hours ago, MoRivera said:

I use the Stern Adapter for Glock Mags, which has been very reliable, and I've even gotten used to the unconventional location of the mag release.  My only gripe was that the magwell was pretty narrow and changes could be finicky.  Definitely an issue in my state which has a 'high capacity' ban.  But Stern now makes an attachable flared well made from delrin, and it works very well.  Obviously only works with the Stern adapter, but if anyone was thinking of going that way it has the option now.

IMG_7247.jpg 

Way cool

19 hours ago, MoRivera said:

IMG_7247.jpg 

Good stuff.

8 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

If taccom still makes a 3D printed plastic one, avoid it. Gets so soft that it’s like rubber in the summer heat. Watched a buddy knock his clean off the gun with a mag during a reload.

If they make something else? Might be good.

I had another 3D printed magwell that didn’t last that long. I’m now running a deralin magwell from techwell which doesn’t seem prone to come apart like some of the printed versions. 

1 hour ago, HoMiE said:

I had another 3D printed magwell that didn’t last that long. I’m now running a deralin magwell from techwell which doesn’t seem prone to come apart like some of the printed versions. 

I picked up a TTI for my MPX because there was no way that I was going to pay $120 for a printed magwell from the other guys.

On 12/30/2018 at 1:33 PM, chenault said:

The 9 mandatory reloads at optics nats might have changed your mind about having a magwell on a PCC.  :)

5 hours ago, Shadyscott999 said:

The 9 mandatory reloads at optics nats might have changed your mind about having a magwell on a PCC.  :)

I think you mean “Classifier Nationals.”

Not to be confused with previous year’s Seated Start Nationals and Port Shooting Nationals.

Always some sort of theme. Accidentally.