Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

letting go anedjust doing it.

AzShooter

For the last few months I've been working on my group shooting, trying to verify it's me and not  my gun when I'm missing large targets like in the Steel Challenge Matches. 

Today I  took my Mark IV 22/45 to the range with 300 rounds of CCI Standard Velocity ammo.  I decided to pick up my speed and work on first shot and follow-ups on multiple targets.  When the sight was on target, not holding to make sure I was centered, my  groups were half the size of the slow fired groups.

I normally shoot CCI Mini Mags but wanted to test the lighter recoil from the SVs and it's quite noticeable.  I had 100 % reliability so it looks like I'll be using SVs over the harder to get Minis.

It helped build my confidence that I can shoot much faster and still make my hits.

As an "old bullseye shooter", it has been very difficult for me to "go fast".

A Zombie match and I was squadded with an OPEN shooter (like me) of similar

ability to myself :( 

So, I shot as quickly as I "saw" what I had to see - in my heart I knew I had to be

missing some of the shots - but I went "real fast" anyway, since he was going fast ...

I wasn't missing at all - I was making all the hits, and edged him out in the aggregate score.

I guess we "old Bullseye shooters" CAN go faster if we practice going faste :)