Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Compact magwell

je85

How about Springer precision magwells?

I did install a czc sa trigger.

What are you using for mags and basepads with you magwell?

Are you using a larger safety?

I don't know about the Springer magwell. The CZC magwell is huge even after it's been worked on and I can give it a thumbs up wrt functionality. But the base of the magwell is the widest part of the gun and as I mentioned, I had to file it down to fit the box.

I'm using the standard left side safety. A wider safety would definitely be a good upgrade, but would probably make the gun too thick for the IDPA box. The wider safeties that I have on my TS and Czechmate are really big and would certainly not fit the box. 

I use 18 round Mec-Gar mags with either stock plastic or thinner aluminum CZC baseplates. I only load them to 8/9 rounds of course.

Edited by selecw
tyo

CZC claims magwell fits in the box, but is the box different width for CCP? The springer wells attach to the bottom of the grip. This means you don't need to file down the grip. They have and IDPA and USPSA version. Not sure on actual width or height.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, selecw said:

I don't know about the Springer magwell. The CZC magwell is huge even after it's been worked on and I can give it a thumbs up wrt functionality. But the base of the magwell is the widest part of the gun and as I mentioned, I had to file it down to fit the box.

I'm using the standard left side safety. A wider safety would definitely be a good upgrade, but would probably make the gun too thick for the IDPA box. The wider safeties that I have on my TS and Czechmate are really big and would certainly not fit the box. 

I use 18 round Mec-Gar mags with either stock plastic or thinner aluminum CZC baseplates. I only load them to 8/9 rounds of course.

So, you eventually got it to fit the CCP box, correct?  Can you post a picture?

Does it fit the new 2017 ccp box dimensions? 

The magwell looks like it helps extend the grip too. Thats the one down side for me with the CZ compact is the tiny frame or at least with my big meat hooks of hands.

So much for ordering one from czc they are out of stock.

Anybody have a old beat up one they would like to sell?

Thanks for the pics!!

I assume the new IDPA box is bigger than the old box as allowable CCP dimensions increased this year. I am sure it will fit fine.

The magwell certainly does provide support for more of your hand.

Looking at the 2015 and 2017 rulebooks:

2015 rulebook  

8 3⁄4” x 6” x 1 3/8” 

Barrel length of 4.10” or less.
With the heaviest magazine must weigh 37.00 oz. (1048.9 grams) or less.

7 3⁄4” x 5 3/8” x 1 3/8”

Barrel length 4 3/8" or less
The unloaded firearm with the heaviest magazine must weigh 38.00 oz. or less.

So in  summary, the gun needs to be shorter overall, but the barrel can be longer. It can be slightly heavier.

Edited by selecw
typo