Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New USPSA Shooter from SW Ohio

streckjc

Hello all,

New USPSA member here from SW Ohio. Just joined this morning after observing the match this past Sunday with Sarge.

I've been shooting for a year now, but wanted more than just the basic range day. Ran across USPSA by accident and was drawn to it like a moth to a flame.

After seeing it in action this weekend and talking to several people at the match, I'm all in. Have my new gun, ordered gear and now it's a waiting game. Plus I need to practice, practice, practice - my draw, first target acquisition, dry fire drills, etc so I don't make a complete ass of myself at my first match (hopefully next month).

Thanks for a great forum, and I look forward to a lot of learning and sharing.

Welcome to the forums Jason! It was a pleasure meeting you at the range and giving you a quick dunking in the deep end of the pool! lol

This is without a doubt the best forum for all things USPSA. There is enough info here for a new shooter to get totally overwhelmed so read with caution! :lol:

2 hours ago, streckjc said:

I need to practice -  so I don't make a complete ass of myself at my first match (hopefully next month).

WRONG    :huh:

Don't worry about making an Ass of yourself ...

Worry about SAFETY, only.

Accuracy is a distant second to SAFETY.

You'll see some remarkable shooters, firing & moving very quckly ...

Do NOT emulate them, your first day out - go little slower and be

SAFE.

Watch where you muzzle is pointed, at all times.   Follow range commands.

In addition to Practice, Practice, Practice - spend some time reading the

rules of USPSA.

Oh, welcome to the Forums, and have FUN, safely    :) 

3 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

WRONG    :huh:

Don't worry about making an Ass of yourself ...

Worry about SAFETY, only.

Accuracy is a distant second to SAFETY.

You'll see some remarkable shooters, firing & moving very quckly ...

Do NOT emulate them, your first day out - go little slower and be

SAFE.

Watch where you muzzle is pointed, at all times.   Follow range commands.

In addition to Practice, Practice, Practice - spend some time reading the

rules of USPSA.

Oh, welcome to the Forums, and have FUN, safely    :) 

Yup, totally agree with you Jack. Safety first, second, and third. I'm certainly smart enough to know that speed won't be a worry for me for a while. I was at a match this past weekend and saw some of the crazy fast people. That won't be me any time soon, so safety, accuracy and fun will be the motto.

3 hours ago, Sarge said:

Welcome to the forums Jason! It was a pleasure meeting you at the range and giving you a quick dunking in the deep end of the pool! lol

This is without a doubt the best forum for all things USPSA. There is enough info here for a new shooter to get totally overwhelmed so read with caution! :lol:

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for letting me bother you all day this past Sunday. It was a great learning experience and I got a lot of good information. It was a bit overwhelming to be sure, but I did learn that there are many types of shooters and many there for different reasons. It's not always about being the fastest or best or whatever. I'm looking forward to getting involved and getting my shoot on!

Yes, there's a lot here to absorb. I'm trying to start out slow and read based on headings, but I can see how it might get overwhelming fast. :-)