Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reduce force to rack on stock 3

bob8x

Hello guys, 

I'm having some trouble with reloading without cutting myself..  :wacko:

Since I'm at beginning most "exercise"/ training involves starting with empty chamber, so loading at start.

Since the slide cuts are very "sharp" and while rushing I don't grip the slide firmly/good most times at the end of the session I have multiple cut on my index finger...

I was given a  wolff recoil spring  of 11lb + firing spring  of a CZ shadow;  I've installed the recoil spring while the other I'm not sure if is compatible or not.

The situation is better now, but I'm still looking what to do...

I plan in using the enos' standard greese instead of the wd40 on the slide's guide, not sure about how much will help, nor if it's the correct choose!

What are the spring involved during racking? what do you suggest? 

thank you all!

P.s.: about 1000 round shooted

p.p.s: from next week I'm going to shoot hand reloaded bullet! 

I don't see why you would have to be rushing to first charge the weapon. On reloads most of my guns the slide automatically closes when you drive a magazine home with some force if that doesn't work I use the slide release. Its much faster then transitioning from mag to slide to slingshot charge the gun.

Edited by 1991a1colt

What caliber? 9mm? If so, an 8 pound wolff recoil spring will be better.

Your method of racking might be improved. The fastest way is to insert the mag and then FROM UNDER THE SLIDE, pinch the front serrations and rack. When the hands meet, form your grip and start shooting. That takes some grip strength and practice.  Alternatively, you could also put your hand on top of the slide (where fingers meet palm), and push down to rack.  I use a light grease in the frame / slide rails. 

If it still is hard to rack, detail strip the frame and slide. Put metal polishing compound in the rails and rack it 100 times pushing down hard. Repeat with fresh compound while pulling up hard. That will smooth it out a lot.

On 5/4/2017 at 4:01 PM, johnbu said:

What caliber? 9mm? If so, an 8 pound wolff recoil spring will be better.

Your method of racking might be improved. The fastest way is to insert the mag and then FROM UNDER THE SLIDE, pinch the front serrations and rack. When the hands meet, form your grip and start shooting. That takes some grip strength and practice.  Alternatively, you could also put your hand on top of the slide (where fingers meet palm), and push down to rack.  I use a light grease in the frame / slide rails. 

If it still is hard to rack, detail strip the frame and slide. Put metal polishing compound in the rails and rack it 100 times pushing down hard. Repeat with fresh compound while pulling up hard. That will smooth it out a lot.

It's not impossibile to rack, it's just sharp and a bit tedious to rack fast! it's  a 9x21 ( italian 9 mm ) 

19 hours ago, blsexton said:

What is the factory recoil spring lb on a Stock 3? (in 9mm)

should be 14 or 16lb

I would also like to add that WD-40 Is not a lubricant in itself and switching to a grease is a wise choice. 

WD-40 is a water displacement fluid similar to penetrating liquid. Don't use it for a purpose it wasn't designed for. Use a gun oil or grease designed to provide lubrication to sliding surfaces in the temperature ranges you shoot at.

Edited by Frigpig