Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun belt suckssss compared to regular belt....?

taymag

So I've just went old school since I started and threaded my holster and mag holders onto a belt... I've been shooting that way for about a year since I started and finally said "I think I am going to get a velcro gun belt" (mainly cause I hate threading on my stuff every time, I see people just throw the velcro ones on).

Anyway, This thing is a pain in the ass.. Its stiff and bulky. Am I supposed to overlap the first belt (that goes through the loops) and the top belt both in the front, so I basically have 4 layers of belt in the front?

Edited by taymag

The inner runs like a normal belt with the right (tappered side) running over top of the left.  Then run my outer belt w/ the overlap in the back. Makes it easier to position the holster properly then over to the mag pouches. Keeps everything lined up on the inner belt.

Open and limited guys tend to have it over lap in the back, because they have mags up front. 

Production guys have it over lap in the front, because they have mag pouches going around towards the back. 

Either way is fine

Kraj is exactly right, when I shot limited I lapped my outer belt in back. When I switched to production I switched it to the front because of mag pouches. Also easier to put on lapping it in the front. The four layers in the front is no problem, just use a belt keeper to keep it together up front. My DAA belt has gotten a little more pliable with use, yet is still rigid and stays put during stages

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

You guys are probably right, and when I was practicing drawing it in the house it does seem the stiffness is actually done that way on purpose, it helps.

I don't have a belt keeper but I bought one, I think if I had a sturdy belt keeper I would feel fine, the stiffness just seems like the velcro wants to come off in the front, even though its pretty damn sturdy I don't know it will be that way when moving

You get used to it.

I run the inner belt through my pant loops, but backwards, so the overlap is in the back. Then I run the outer belt forward like normal. I start with the magazine side and press it onto the inner belt and work it around to the front. I also use a plastic or kydex keeper rather than the velcro loop "buckle".

Doing like above I don't have 4 layers anywhere, just three or two.