Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 tactical sights

Johrichal

Looking to purchase some new sites for my SP-01 decocker. I know I want a fiber optic front but looking for recomendations for the rear. Are adjustables worth the extra $ or should I just stick with fixed and whats a good brand? I plan on using this gun for USPSA production

On 4/3/2017 at 4:42 PM, Johrichal said:

Looking to purchase some new sites for my SP-01 decocker. I know I want a fiber optic front but looking for recomendations for the rear. Are adjustables worth the extra $ or should I just stick with fixed and whats a good brand? I plan on using this gun for USPSA production

I personally do not like the adjustable sights available. The windage adjustment is the weak link. I know the dovetail for the standard model is different than the shadow. But I would get something like the shadow style fixed rear sight if you can get it to match up with your ammo/ sighting preferences. There are enough things to break on a CZ, I don't need my sights failing in a match.

Thanks guys.

Thats kind of the way im leaning Paladin. I like the look of the CZC competition rear sights, but I read on another post that the dawson precision front FO post was much better than the CZC one. Ill have to go find that post again and figure out what height I need. Does the CZC rear competition sight work with the Cajun gun works race hammer? It looks like that rear sight hangs off the back a little.

If you are going to replace the front site, consider installing the Cajun bushing while you're at it.  There's a pin that holds both the front site and the bushing in.  

I used the Dawson fixed rear and fiber front on my SP01.  The front site went in easily.  The rear was another matter, I didn't have a sight pusher, so I used an aluminum punch and drove it in that way.

16 hours ago, Johrichal said:

Thanks guys.

Thats kind of the way im leaning Paladin. I like the look of the CZC competition rear sights, but I read on another post that the dawson precision front FO post was much better than the CZC one. Ill have to go find that post again and figure out what height I need. Does the CZC rear competition sight work with the Cajun gun works race hammer? It looks like that rear sight hangs off the back a little.

You might want to check on the Cajun race hammer if you are planning to shoot Production for USPSA. I am not sure it is a legal part for production and could push you to limited. I just put in a new hammer last weekend and put in the CZ Competition hammer just to be safe. Cajun has them, you just have to call because they are not listed on the website. They are $69.