Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock guide rod is not snug

Tatmanfish

I tried to find info on here, but haven't had any luck searching. I picked up a stainless guide rod for a 4th gen 34. It's the type that converts it to the 3rd gen style so I could put a lower weight recoil spring in. The guide rod doesn't snug up to the barrel and is a tiny fraction shorter than the the stock guide rod It cause the guide rod to fall out during disassembly.

When it's in, it seems to function properly by hand, but I'm hesitant to shoot it. Is this semi normal/acceptable, or should I return it?

The adaptor fits the slide fine. The back of the guide rod isn't pressing up against the barrel enough to hold it into place.when comparing to the stock guide rod, it's shorter by a very small amount. 

All I really need to know is if this cause issues, or if I should just return the guide rod for a new one.

Edited by Tatmanfish

When the gun's assembled the back of the guide rod presses against the inside of the frame and doesn't touch the barrel, so it may well work fine.  But that would bother me and just doesn't seem right so I'd contact them and get a new one.

I had the same concerns when I received mine from them as well.  I even contacted them and sent pictures of the issue.  They confirmed that this was normal and not a concern.  I have around 1000 rounds without issue.  Just go and shoot it, soon you will forget its like that.  I would recomened putting lock tite on both ends of the guide rod retaining screws.  I had an issue with mine coming apart and the middle piece of the rod abandoned ship through the front of the gun.

On 4/7/2017 at 8:51 PM, Nd2020 said:

I had the same concerns when I received mine from them as well.  I even contacted them and sent pictures of the issue.  They confirmed that this was normal and not a concern.  I have around 1000 rounds without issue.  Just go and shoot it, soon you will forget its like that.  I would recomened putting lock tite on both ends of the guide rod retaining screws.  I had an issue with mine coming apart and the middle piece of the rod abandoned ship through the front of the gun.

Good to know. I ordered a jager guide rod conversion, but I did get to shoot it today with the lonewolf and only had 1 ft. Think I'm going to play around with both and see what happens. Jager seems to have good reviews and a better fit from what I've found on here and searching the internet. Thanks everyone.