Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Short base pads for Colt mags?

Been using the Uzi +5% for the metalforms with extended base pads.  But I also don't know what the difference between the colt vs. uzi springs are.  Maybe nothing?

For the TTi +3/4 base pad on metalform mags the stock spring without the metal baseplate keeper seems to work well, but have one that has the Uzi +5% and it has been very reliable...so for me it is either way with the short basepad extension.

Edited by Bamboo
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 10:15 AM, bwikel said:

BSPS is offering a base pad cover that appears to be 3D printed. It slips over the mag and base OEM base plate and could be a good option for 20 rd mags for reloading on the clock.

http://benstoegerproshop.com/colt-smg-basepad-cover/

That's exactly what they are, and what they're for.  They're 3D printed from TPU, a flexible material and are intended to provide a better grip on the 20's when reloading.  They also protect the sheet metal floor plate if you're dropping them on concrete or rocks.. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/3/2017 at 5:20 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Well I had a little time tonight and came up with this for the time being. 10 round magazine with a oak wood block insert for a Taylor Freelance base pad. It does not add any rounds but makes the reload for classifiers faster and easier on the hands. Maybe good for IDPA or states with magazine round limits. Thanks, Eric

IMG_0852.JPG

Eric,

is is this work with standard AR15 lower with mag adapter?