Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

another cracked slide!

kimberacp

The slides were not tri-topped just flat topped. The first slide cracked on the top at the front center between the popple hole cutout and the end of the slide and the other was on the left side of slide just in front of the breach face.

rsz_img_2148[1].jpg

rsz_img_2169[1].jpg

22 hours ago, xdnok said:

The slides were not tri-topped just flat topped. The first slide cracked on the top at the front center between the popple hole cutout and the end of the slide and the other was on the left side of slide just in front of the breach face.

rsz_img_2148[1].jpg

rsz_img_2169[1].jpg

It may be the picture but it almost looks like there is a crack at the bottom of the slide also in line with the crack in the popple hole slot ? Also notice the barrel wear mark on the one that cracked at the breech face, the wear mark looks to be in same location as the start of the crack ? 

• 4 months later...

HP White has been doing pressure testing for a very long time.  But it is not a cost effective option.  If I recall correctly, last time I checked it was a couple grand minimum and that was like 20 years ago.  As for the culprit, most likely it is poor quality part.  Not looking to start a debate, but I stopped using STI parts a LONG time ago due to quality issues.