Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Polymer replacement guide rod

I am trying to verify which cz plastic guide rod will fit the stock ll. I purchased one for a sp-01 shadow, and it fits length wise, but has a ton of slop in the reverse plug. I've seen one post on here about the guiderod in the p-07, can anyone verify the part, and describe the fit I can expect in the reverse plug?

2 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

John, are y'all swapping these out just to save some weight? Whats the polymer guide rod weight?

Yes.  Someone (ahem) hasn't got their uber lite guide rod out yet...

It is 0.0 oz on the big scale and i forget the number of grains on the powder scale.   (I'll recheck)

1 minute ago, johnbu said:

Yes.  Someone (ahem) hasn't got their uber lite guide rod out yet...

It is 0.0 oz on the big scale and i forget the number of grains on the powder scale.   (I'll recheck)

yaya i know, the lightweight guide rods are on the CNC lathe as we speak. I get side tracked easy

I got a kick out of this thread.  Back in the day the first thing Glock owners did was buy finger groove grip wraps for their Gen 2 Glocks.  Now it is en vogue to dremel off Gen 3 finger grooves.  Then, people felt the need to replace cheap plastic parts with steel parts just cause...  

How to lighten a Tanflango to make weight... use plastic guide rod.  Brilliant yet so easily overlooked when you're caught up in a fad : )