Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para 16-40 limited hi cap for starters

Dirtchevy841

Anybody have any feedback on this pistol. Son wanting to start shooting limited and I have a good deal in one with 4 mags with Dawson pads. Just wanting to know if this is a good way to start for not a lot of money in case sin doesn't like limited. Can't see spending a couple thousand at this point. And the price is great. No experience with para so any help appreciated on this one. 

My 16-40 is of Canadian mfg. I don't know there's a lot of difference between it and a USA marked pistol. I installed FO / adjustable sights, Wilson fire control pieces and Dawson mag extensions. Had no failures for the 6 or so years when I shot it a lot. I'd say go ahead and buy and enjoy.

Naval Aviator

NRA Life & Benefactor 

A couple of thing to be aware of, at least with the Canadian guns, I've never seen an American one

the sear spring cut for the retaining tab is lower than a standard 1911, so a sear spring replacement may be an issue

and on some guns the sear and hammer pin holes in the frame were out of spec, I worked on one that the stock pins worked, but a match pin set didn't because the hole on one side of the frame didn't exactly line up with the holes on the other side

Love my p16 limited. Runs like a champ with everything I throw through it. It is a great entry level USPSA Limited gun. The MecGar mags wont take extensions and lock into the gun so don't bother with those unless you mill the grip down. If you want more than the 4 mags it has look into the obvious MBX choices, Canadian mags are hard to find and are getting expensive. I'm pretty sure it will fit standard 1911 holsters as well, I run mine in an older bladetech and it fits great.

I have several Paras and absolutely love them. I believe they are the best value in Limited class. I run MBX magazines with 20 .40 in each with no issues. The factory mags are fine just blocky and not as smooth to reload.
He'll enjoy the Para! Para took me to Master Class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I shoot a Para Pro Custom 40 cal. It shoots great. I have 4 MBX mags and they work great. It's a little hard to find mags for the Pro Custom model. If you got the standard non Pro Custom then you can use regular mags.  Travis Tomasie was the Para Pro shooter.  Now Remington owns rights to Para and Remington is coming out with new models.  You can look up Travis Tomasie on Facebook for new models. Bottom line for less than 1k yes the Para is a great shooter. I did install an Infinity Trigger which works great for smaller hands.