Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New here from HI

rhed

Aloha!

Joined this forum to learn and gain knowledge for my new hobby I've been always wanting to do. Reloading. And when I  type in "best forum for reloading ammo" in google, this forum is one that is up there in the list.

Anyways, I'm not a competitive shooter. Matter of fact, haven't gone to the range for over a year. But will definitely plan too now since I'm finally getting my weekends back from working overtime for a long while. I've always wanted to take the plunge to to start reloading to save money for the hobby, and enjoy shooting more with my family. Yea and does get costly when my wife, son, and daughter likes to shoot too. 

My first reloading tool I bought last year was Lyman 49th edition. And now I finally ordered all new and got everything in a dedicated room this past week ready to be setup. Dillon 550C, Rock Chucker Serpreme, Dillon and Forster dies, all reloading tools and components. Still need a tumbler (deciding if I'm going to do wet or dry tumbling). And still need a chrono. I'll be reloading .223/5.56, 9 mm, and .50 AE. .308 and .45 in the future when I get a rifle and pistol in that cal.

Mahalo,

Rod

7 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Welcome aboard :)

You better get a 2nd job to feed enough ammo for that many people ....   :P

Lol.. yea tell about it. And honestly, that's the first time my wife didn't question on something or something's I need to get... 

Me: "Wow, we just ate up almost 500$ wort of ammo in just over an hour! Hon, I think I need to start reloading. It's gonna be way cheaper." Wife: "well can't help it that we all want to shoot too! So where or when can you reload then? What ever stuffs you need to do it, just get it!" 

And here's my Jedi trick answer I slipped in after that.. "yea, that's good that we're gonna reload, cause it'll be way cheaper when we buy other pistols or rifles in different calibers." 

7 hours ago, blaster113 said:

Which island are you on?

Im on Oahu bro. I see that your from Hawaii too, nice..

6 hours ago, blaster113 said:

Maui

Ah nice! One of the nicest Island among the Hawaiian chain. Nice range, fishing, surfing, beaches, people.. Nice everything! Btw, what sig or sigs you got? I've got a 226 that is 20 years old. Hopefully I can get my hands on a 220. 

On 4/3/2017 at 0:02 AM, rhed said:

Ah nice! One of the nicest Island among the Hawaiian chain. Nice range, fishing, surfing, beaches, people.. Nice everything! Btw, what sig or sigs you got? I've got a 226 that is 20 years old. Hopefully I can get my hands on a 220. 

Got 2 P226's and a 10mm P220, with lots of love for that big ass 10mm.  Nothing like putting 1200 fps 180 grain bullets downrange out of a SIG, and watching your brass go flying 20 yards away.  Combat accuracy is excellent.  A Glock 20 is a toy in comparison.