Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets Test Data by Darrell

Darrell

I had excellent results with the grooveless coated Bayou 115gr LRN.  They are actually the only RN bullet I've gotten excellent accuracy from, around 3" at 50 yards. My load was 4gr of Titegroup.

6 hours ago, 9x45 said:

its just a pdf file, opens on windows with adobe acrobat.

Incredible data base, Darrell, when do you find time to shoot matches?

I have an even larger spreadsheet with different guns and calibers and other useful info I tested over the years. I posted the spreadsheet here at one time, but I haven't posted an updated one in quite a while. I usually post a pdf instead of xls so my sheet doesn't get modified. I got frustrated when gun writers would test guns and ammo, and not give accuracy data, or tested accuracy at 7-10 yds so I decided years ago that I will test not only velocity but accuracy at 25 yds using my ransom rest. Since I'm a lot older now I can't bench rest as good as I used too. I also have very accurate guns I use for testing most of the time.

WTF? You published actual test data??? Not internet yaydayadayada.. who is going to believe that? Outstanding!!!  Using a Ransom rest, to take the shooter out of the equation, well that's just completely against internet rules! You know, some guy heard about a guy at a gun store who heard about a guy at a range that shot a G43 at 150  yards and had a 1" group offhand....

• 3 weeks later...