Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 9mm and .40 mags interchangeability

Mountbkr

Has anyone here ever used XDM 9mm mags in a .40 cal gun and had them run reliably? I'm sure you can get them to feed, but will they run day in and day out? I have both guns in 5.25 and was thinking that since i have several 9mm mags they might be interchangeable. Looking for someone who has actually tried them and some feedback as to if it's even a worthwhile shot to try.

Thanks

Edited by Mountbkr

I've used 9mm in .40 with no problems whatsoever, shooting many matches that way.  I have the 140mm extensions installed on 9mm bodies, so when I shoot major I use those for .40.

I've used 9mm in .40 with no problems whatsoever, shooting many matches that way.  I have the 140mm extensions installed on 9mm bodies, so when I shoot major I use those for .40.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
On 4/3/2017 at 7:09 PM, xdmfan said:

I would think allot would depend on the loads. Factory ammo or reloads, as well as overall length of the loaded round. Try the loads you normally shoot and see how it goes. You might get lucky.