Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

12 MOA Dot, to big?

When I started shooting my PCC I was using a 3 MOA. There were times in the bright sunlight that it was hard to see, so I changed it out for a 8 MOA C-More that I really like. Easy and fast to pick up and good for all the distances we shoot.

15 minutes ago, gatortommy said:

When I started shooting my PCC I was using a 3 MOA. There were times in the bright sunlight that it was hard to see, so I changed it out for a 8 MOA C-More that I really like. Easy and fast to pick up and good for all the distances we shoot.

Have you had any experience with a 12 MOA?

I have looked thru a 12moa and for USPSA it would be OK, but for 3-gun or all steel matches it would be way too big at distance on small targets. 12" @ 100 yards would cover  most targets. Paper no problem. I use a 6moa and even with the bright Texas sun it is plenty big/bright enough and small enough for those steels.

gerritm

With my PCC I started off with a 6 MOA dot (Cmore slideride),  Thinking I could do better I moved to an 8 MOA dot.  End result I found that I did better with a 4 MOA dot, especially with classifiers that had a little bit of distance to the targets.

I do not have a 12 MOA dot but did try a 16 MOA dot for Steel Challenge.  That sucker is huge and it just did not work for me.

Bill

• 1 month later...

I was using a 8moa on my C-More and changed just tonight to a 4moa.... I can still pick it up no problem. And was able to to print 1" groups at 25yds.

Edited by Gman57

My original thought was to use the same size dot as in my Open guns (6 MOA) but keep in mind the distance from your eye to the Cmore  on a PCC is much less.  With the reduced distance, the smaller 4 MOA dot appears to be just as large as the bigger 6 MOA dot on the pistol.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...