Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prima V Test Data W/Ransom Rest at 25 yards

Darrell

I ran my initial test of Vectan Prima V powder yesterday, fired from my Ransom Rest. Chrono was at 10 feet, Group size was avg of 3 five shot groups, and some 10 shot groups at 25 yards. Had chrono trouble at one point so those loads don't have chrono data. I put them in a pdf file attached. Guns used was STI DVC, and CZ Accu-shadow. I will fine tune the best loads and see if I can improve upon it but powder acted more like Solo 1000 to me than N320. I tested an N320 load for comparison. Batch # PB15276

Darrell's Load Data.pdf

Edited by Darrell
Add Distance

I'm going to tweak the loads that shot good. That was my first test using Prima V. Will try 3.0 at 1.100 and 1.120 and see how that works out. Cant get to the range again till Monday though.

49 minutes ago, Darrell said:

I'm going to tweak the loads that shot good. That was my first test using Prima V. Will try 3.0 at 1.100 and 1.120 and see how that works out. Cant get to the range again till Monday though.

What are the batch numbers you have for the prima v

This is the data from my Prima V 9mm loads. 

ETA- Didn't measure accuracy with a 'rest' or otherwise. The ones that made PF, I found accuracy to be acceptable for our sport.

Prima_V_zpsktuoq6yg.jpg

Edited by muncie21