Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winchester WSF

Chris1911

Kevin Angstadt I believe uses WSF in a 9x23 loading.  Travis Hayton also uses WSF.

If you use WSF it is reverse temp sensitive.  Travis has been called to Chrony at the CUP more than once because the ammo was left in sun before testing and it was low.

33 minutes ago, ffl said:

Kevin Angstadt I believe uses WSF in a 9x23 loading.  Travis Hayton also uses WSF.

If you use WSF it is reverse temp sensitive.  Travis has been called to Chrony at the CUP more than once because the ammo was left in sun before testing and it was low.

WST is the magic powder in Super for these guys. WSF is a touch slower and better suited to 9mm with lighter bullets. Both are reverse temp sensitive.

Edited by DWFAN

Good afternoon Guys.

There is a chart for these issues, if I can find mine I will post it.

But for sure the chart will let you know how each powder will work in weather conditions.

In the old day when I shot a lot of trap, we used W452AA, it reacted very bad the colder it got.

Russell

Shoot lots and have fun.

1 hour ago, JRB said:

Good afternoon Guys.

There is a chart for these issues, if I can find mine I will post it.

But for sure the chart will let you know how each powder will work in weather conditions.

In the old day when I shot a lot of trap, we used W452AA, it reacted very bad the colder it got.

Russell

Shoot lots and have fun.

Good to see they let you back across the border Russell! :)  Sidenote: did Marty ever publish results in email or otherwise?

Haven't seen any results yet.

I tried WSF many years ago. Just couldn't get the accuracy that I wanted.

David,

The temperature issue has been taken care of for quite some time now. Amazing what OAL can do. The only reason we get called to the chrono now is because the person running the chrono doesn't know that 9x23 can be fired in a super.

Kevin,

Good to Know.  BTW   I have some 9x23 I will put in my pocket and bring to you in LA.  you are the only one I know who shoots that stuff.

dcs

20 minutes ago, ffl said:

Kevin,

Good to Know.  BTW   I have some 9x23 I will put in my pocket and bring to you in LA.  you are the only one I know who shoots that stuff.

dcs

David,

That's strange since one of YOUR sponsored shooters uses it!  I think Travis' feelings would be hurt that you didn't know that about him!

Alan~^~

I knew he used the same powder but forgot he uses 9x23.  Thanks Alan.  I will be sure not to pick up his brass and put in my bag :)