Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New from CT/MA

eboos

Hello everyone. I am new member from Thompson, CT and work in Worcester, MA. I am a returning shooter who hadn't done much pistol shooting in the past 15 years. I just started back up again last week, and I am much slower and less accurate then I used to be. I plan to shoot L10 and SS using a Kimber Custom Target with factory loads until I end up getting a reloading press. Any advise would be welcome. 

Welcome aboard :)

If you're going to be reloading only the one caliber, then I'd suggest

a Dillon SDB - for $405 you get to reload day one - just need a chrono,

scale, calipers and you're off and running.

If you're going to reload .40 Major, or rifles, then you should get

a 550, instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Did my first match yesterday. Let's just say I should have tested my reloads a little more thoroughly before relying on them in a match. After using some stuff that would actually feed in my gun, I did pretty good accuracy wise, but I need to get a whole lot faster.

Lee Loadmaster. I was using Blue Bullets, 200g SWC over 5g of Win 231 and 1.255-60 OAL. The OAL was too long, and the gun would not chamber them. I reset the OAL to 1.235 after some trial and error afterwards and they seem to feed when hand cycling without a recoil spring, and with a 12 pound spring installed. 14 pound spring seems to have the same chambering problem.

I reseated about 100 rounds to 1.235, and I plan to test them at the range tonight.