Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I started shooting 3 gun last year. I put together a nice M&P 9 Pro. No matter how much I shoot it though, I still shoot heavier guns better. This will be for 3 gun, some steel challenge, and maybe action pistol at my local clubs. I have no real desire to shoot IDPA or USPSA. I've narrowed it down to a few different guns. I have large hands so I like the Stock 2. I already own 4 CZ's, so the SP-01 Shadow is a real option. And Kneelingatlas now has me looking at the Tactical Sport. Here's where I'm at.

With a Witness or the TS, I'm starting all over. Mags, holsters, etc.

With a SP-01 Shadow, I already own a Tactical. So I'm already well stocked with CZ mags. I have holsters, mag carriers, etc. 

I'm also thinking of buying a stock SP-01 safety model and just upgrading it over time. I could convert it to SAO, change the sights, and I know it would also do more than I need it to do. 

So I'm looking at $650 on the low end up to $1175 for the TS. As much as I'd like to go all in on the TS, I don't know if that's actually the best route for me.

HELP. 

My TS is absolutely amazing and I can't recommend it too much higher.  It is a bit on the heavy side for steel challenge in my opinion.  Once I get it on target, the rest is easy, but draws and wide transitions are noticeably more difficult than with a lighter pistol.  That's just about the only negative.  

That said, if you are already invested in the platform I would personally stick with it.  SP-01 with all of the Cajun Gun Works goodies will be one heck of a gun.  I would be shocked if you aren't very happy with that decision.

I'm going to throw in a vote for a standard 75B. You're not going to be shooting sports that have a 125 power factor floor so the added weight of the frame isn't necessarily needed to soak up recoil. The gun will swing better for steel challenge and will cost a bit less. The triggers can be made pretty nice using CGW parts and some polishing. If you like the decocker on your SP01 Tactical you could go with the 75BD, a little more work to take them apart but can still be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff guys, thanks. I am leaning towards the SP-01. It helps that I know where one is local. I've decided against a Witness just because I can get any part I ever need for a CZ right away. Now If I can make it through the day without looking at the TS again I might pick up the SP-01 on the way home.