Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shell Caddies: Left & Right Handed??

My buddy and I are collecting gear to start down the 3 gun path, and we went to a match and there were these British guys there and they had these pretty slick shell caddies. For the life of me I can't remember the name at the moment.... ANYWAY.. They looked like they made a lot of sense in design and function and they were trying to get and said they'd try and send my buddy (Still active military) a discount code to order some. They did, and he was ordering and this is where the question comes in.. 

When he was looking, they had caddies labeled or designated as left or right handed??? I didn't see it, but he was saying, from the pics on the website there was no real discernible difference berween them.. but to try and cover bases order each of us one each.. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong... but wouldn't this be like have a left and right sock?? lol     Is there a difference/distinction in this case? Seems like there could be if they're making a point on the website to say as much... Since you still need to buy a mounting system for these things.. does it really even matter?? 

Most caddies can be adjusted to cant right or left. I've never heard of having to order a particular orientation. I would recommend checking out a few different shell caddies before buying. Most 3 gun folks have gone through several different brands before settling on one they like. I started with taccom load 2 then moved on to quads then tried carbon arms only to end up liking invictus practical caddies. see what I'm getting at here?

I am right handed and if I quad/twin loaded strong hand I would get the right hand, if I quad/twin loaded weak hand I would get the left hand. Opposite if you shoot left handed.

Edited by 12Bravo

On 3/29/2017 at 10:12 AM, theKenny said:

OP since they were brits

Could the company be 

http://www.kingcompetitionproducts.com/product/12/msh4g4-king-assm28-rig-for-28-shells

They have other products but this is the only company that comes to mind fo specifying which hand. 

I honestly don't remember.. and I'm really trying to think of the logo they had on their shirts..  But what had me a bit thrown I guess, is *IF* you can cant the caddies on the belt.. wouldn't that negate the whole left/right thing?? 

I'm the Brit!

The caddies I had on my belt were from http://www.kingcompetitionproducts.com while my friend had caddies from www.ezload.co.uk 

Simply put, it doesn't matter whether you load with your weak or strong hand, which hand is it? That's the caddy you want (as 12bravo said)

The reason they are different is to do with the offset of the shells, allowing the cartridges to be as close to each other as possible while preventing the rims of the cartridges from catching on each other by making sure the 1st pair are lower than the 2nd.

(The logo was a Cobra. Not relevant to the caddies in any way what so ever but I thought it best to put your mind at ease ?)

On 3/31/2017 at 10:57 AM, stumpyv8 said:

I'm the Brit!

The caddies I had on my belt were from http://www.kingcompetitionproducts.com while my friend had caddies from www.ezload.co.uk 

Simply put, it doesn't matter whether you load with your weak or strong hand, which hand is it? That's the caddy you want (as 12bravo said)

The reason they are different is to do with the offset of the shells, allowing the cartridges to be as close to each other as possible while preventing the rims of the cartridges from catching on each other by making sure the 1st pair are lower than the 2nd.

(The logo was a Cobra. Not relevant to the caddies in any way what so ever but I thought it best to put your mind at ease ?)

HEY!!!  How's it going?!?  Yup.. it was a Cobra.. lol 

My buddy ordered us a set of 1 each of the wide 8s' from EZload.  Hopefully they'll be here in the not too distant future. I'm not sure how long it takes to get here. We were talking about it for a good part of the day after seeing them. 

Thanks for the info, and it was great talking with you guys at the match!!