Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The speed of youth.

Broncman

So, I took my mid 20's son to the range this evening to run the timer for me and to spend some time with him.

He has never shot and XDM or even drew from the holster. My fast times are in the 1.0's on draw and shoot. 

For his first 10 draw from holster , his fast times were a .83 , a .84 and a few high .9's. 

I am starting my grandson on a pellet pistol as soon as I can!

So jealous of the naturally fast people

It may just be athleticism but it also could partly be a side effect of having no pressure and not knowing what he didn't know and not actively thinking about it, just doing it. 

Either way its great you guys have an activity to share and enjoy together. 

3 hours ago, KrymSIX said:

It may be athleticism OR having no pressure

NOPE.  I've seen too many Young People (Hate them) and how much

faster they are than older people.

It's not athleticism (that a word?) or lack of pressure - it's YOUTHicism ???

Ok I am neither young or particularly athletic.  Im overweight & 57 yrs old but I can at least not be way behind the kids by being very familiar with the stage before shooting, knowing my strengths & weaknesses, & moving efficiently.   

Ahhh to be young again..... nah I dont think so, was never quick, lacked focus, & had no idea about life.  Lol.  

Know the stage

Understand limitations

Be efficient

Have fun!

On 3/28/2017 at 8:55 PM, Broncman said:

So, I took my mid 20's son to the range this evening to run the timer for me and to spend some time with him.

He has never shot and XDM or even drew from the holster. My fast times are in the 1.0's on draw and shoot. 

For his first 10 draw from holster , his fast times were a .83 , a .84 and a few high .9's. 

I am starting my grandson on a pellet pistol as soon as I can!

So jealous of the naturally fast people

Sub second draws on his first 10 draws ever?  Impressive. 

On April 3, 2017 at 3:07 PM, TravisNC said:

Sub second draws on his first 10 draws ever?  Impressive. 

Good reflexes for sure but add some complexity to it and you'll see skills advance over quick reaction times I'm sure. But still really friggin amazing. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've never timed my draws when I used to shoot all the time as a LEO.  Now it has me wondering what they were then and what they are now that I'm old.  LOL  I'd love to know the difference.  I'm sure I've slowed.

Some people are just naturally faster than others too. It depends on the mix of slow and fast twitch muscle fibers, exactly where the muscles are attached to your skeleton (for leverage) and other factors. How fast you process the timer beep and get the signal to draw to your arm also is a big part of it.

Sent from my SM-G928R4 using Tapatalk