Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 S3F Barrel Review

rpm8300

I just installed my S3F black nitride in my Glock 34 this morning.

I loaded up two very similar loads to test accuracy, reliability, and power factor. 

First load 147G Xtreme plated,  3.2g Titegroup @ 1.150 OAL, FED primers mixed brass,  SD numbers, 133PF,   target was at 20 yards exactly and it printed a nice group the size of 3 pasties.

Second     147G Xtreme plated,  3.1g Titegroup @ 1.158-1.160 OAL, Win primers mixed brass,    130PF   Grouping was also good, however one round of of 20 in this load TUMBLED,  or It looks to be like it tumbled.

First picture is the grouping of the first batch,  the 5 inside are from off my bag @ 20 yards, with the first load mentioned " the two off left were from the second batch shooting offhand" to lazy to go paste.    The second photo is of the second load, out of 20 rounds this one one that didn't seem right.  Looks like it was tumbling to me?  thoughts?

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

1 hour ago, jtrump said:

What gets me in the second picture, is you can still see the circular bullet ring, except the top "rip part"  however it is not as pronounced as in the first picture.

If I understand, you're thinking that's tumbling?  From the second pic, I don't think that's tumbling. Looks more like just a tear. I think there's something with the newer cardboard these targets are made of.  Inseethese tears a lot from different shooters. Cant be everyones ammo tumbling.  

3 hours ago, B_RAD said:

If I understand, you're thinking that's tumbling?  From the second pic, I don't think that's tumbling. Looks more like just a tear. I think there's something with the newer cardboard these targets are made of.  Inseethese tears a lot from different shooters. Cant be everyones ammo tumbling.  

Yea I have mixed feelings about it,  one part of me says it's not a tumble but then when you see a big tear like that it makes you think.   Just wanted some other people to put eyes on it and see what they thought.  Hell even if that's a tumble it was me standing at 20yards freehand shooting at the A zone in the head of the IPSC target, ill take it ;P

• 3 months later...

Fellas, sorry I didn't stay current on this thread.  Someone asked about velocities, the S3F barrel is about 20-30 fps slower than the Glock OEM barrel in general. 

I'm actually looking at selling my G34 Gen 4 milled for a DPP - if you're interested let me know.  I'll prob make a formal post between now and Christmas.