Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N320 major load data

andyc

"Looking for N320 load data major PF 180gn Bullet and 200gn bullet"

You might get some response if you provide a bit more info...or try the "search" function.

Bullet profiles differ, lead, plated, jacketed, coated, moly, etc. makes a difference,  chamber lengths differ, barrel length differs, there are many powders to choose from, which leads to infinite answers to your question as asked

Try 5.0 g  with a random bullet, unspecified overall length and a barrel between 4 and 6 inches. 

In all seriousness, there are too many variables here for multiple recipes when you can simply look at the Lyman reloading manual for a start. 

My current load is 5.0 grains of N320 using a 180 grain Precision Delta FMJ

COL 1.185"

Mixed brass, Winchester primers

5 inch STI 2011 

Different barrels will produce different velocities with everything the same.

My Nowlin barrel gets away with making major with 4.4 grains of 320.  The Schuemann is slower. The Kart is faster than the Schuemann.

No offense but kind of a dumb question.

Edited by pjb45

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2017 at 6:45 PM, Gman57 said:

Out of my 5" Atlas Limited.... 5.1 gr N320, 1.85 OAL

load40.PNG

Gman57 - What chrono do you use that gives you an app that allows you to get this info?  That's pretty cool. :)  I'm looking into chronos and it would be great if I could get the info on my iPhone like that.

On 4/4/2017 at 1:01 AM, hceuterpe said:

I expect you to Chrono your results and report back here. Otherwise I'll lose some respect for you and your asking for this...d658b8294134f0d6872e97e3be922a50.jpg57ad432ca87546dc06f9448c8b38f339.jpgf6e0a3ef9df9618e9a7b6e6a93151116.jpg

Same question goes to you hceuterpe - What kind of chrono do you use that allows you to have this type of a report on an iPad like this?  That is really cool and very helpful if I can view this stuff after I'm off the range (or even at the range).

Thanks!

2 hours ago, R1_Demon said:

Gman57 - What chrono do you use that gives you an app that allows you to get this info?  That's pretty cool. :)  I'm looking into chronos and it would be great if I could get the info on my iPhone like that.

chorno.PNG

Thanks Gman...that's the one I thought it was, but wasn't positive.  I was looking at that one via Shooters Connection when I ordered a belt from them earlier this week and almost threw it on the list, but held off because I wanted to get some opinions first. :) 

I saw Midway was the cheapest I've seen for the chrono and the Digital Link, but I usually like to support the forum supporters if I can, but I appreciate the info.

I'm going to try and do a search on how to exactly use one.  I've never shot through a chrono before, so I don't know how high you put it or how far away do you put it or any of that stuff.  I'm guessing others probably started a thread on it, so I'll search first, if not, I'll ask. :)  The good thing is, I already have a cheaper photography tripod I can use for it.  ;-) 

Edited by R1_Demon
Grammar