Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP-01 Accushadow, most aggressive grips

PaladinPrecision

I am not super stoked on my CZC shadow grips. I was wondering what THE most aggressive CZ 75 SP-01 grips were. Any thoughts? I was looking at the VZ diamondback grips. Also wondering if there is a precut front strap / backstrap skateboard tape solution that I can just order.

Thanks!

I have the LOK Palm Swells Bogies. They are aggressive enough that they take skin until you have calluses on your hands. They have a different profile than the CZC grips, but they sell a thin set as well. On the front strap of my SP01 Tactical I put skateboard tape, I didn't put any on the Accu, I didn't feel the need with the LOK Grips. My 2¢.d9ec2e908441ccd96327a6b994e85e50.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I prefer a flat surace for a left side grip instead of the contour on the scales or boogies so I use a DAA thick grip and apply silicon carbide to it. Definitely the most grippy and rough I've ever used. 

I used the VZ golf ball style grips for a while and they were good but I did a silicon carbide grip job on a old set of diamond pattern grips, also from VZ, and I don't think it gets any grippier than this. 1c5bc3203710ff7ac92745347b6f743b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, bockerSV said:

I used the VZ golf ball style grips for a while and they were good but I did a silicon carbide grip job on a old set of diamond pattern grips, also from VZ, and I don't think it gets any grippier than this. 1c5bc3203710ff7ac92745347b6f743b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that holster!

I've been saying that for a while now. I'm Ricky Bobby!

Edited by B_RAD

3 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Not a fan of scales at all.

Put in a good word at VZ to do their wide grips in the scale shape please. I'd prefer to have the best of both worlds, and I can't stand the palm swells. 

21 hours ago, biglou13 said:

What grit and what,did you use for "glue" ?

JB Weld for glue and that is 46-70 grit, but if I did it again I would go 36 grit.  I just lightly coated the grips with my finger so that the holes wouldn't get filled with JB Weld.  A bit has chipped off through use in the last year, but not bad and as I did it over the smooth aluminum you can remove it by scraping it off with a utility knife and do it again, but it doesn't come off easy.

On 3/28/2017 at 1:19 PM, rowdyb said:

Not a fan of scales at all.

Different strokes for different folks.  I have tried the Bogie palm swells, and other thick grips and they just didn't work for me as they were all too thin.  Large hands, actually prefer the Tanfo frame, but they weren't available when I bought the Shadows.

I prefer the LOK grips Roughnecks with palm swell.  They are more aggressive than the Bogey pattern. The LOK grips Roughneck pattern is the identical pattern of the VZ Diamondbacks. 

I have the LOK bogies based on advice from Rowdyb. Combined with a bit of skateboard tape on the front, they have the perfect amount of grip for my needs. Adding grip lotion to your hands basically makes that gun lock into your hands. The only downside of the bogies is I think I need to add an extended mag release since my thumb barely hits the release. (I've never had a problem, but the extended would give me a bit more confidence in hitting the button where now I really have to be aware of it)

Are there any aluminum grips that are as thick as the stock rubber grips for the SP-01? I have been looking for some but they are all too slim for my quite large hands and feels to flat. I have tried CZ USA and CZ Custom so far.

3 hours ago, chrisbrayton said:

Are there any aluminum grips that are as thick as the stock rubber grips for the SP-01? I have been looking for some but they are all too slim for my quite large hands and feels to flat. I have tried CZ USA and CZ Custom so far.

I have the CZC flat/ thin grips. I have large hands, but I like the trigger reach with the thin grips. I just want more traction on the gun.

On 4/5/2017 at 11:52 AM, robertwyatt said:

I have the LOK bogies based on advice from Rowdyb. Combined with a bit of skateboard tape on the front, they have the perfect amount of grip for my needs. Adding grip lotion to your hands basically makes that gun lock into your hands. The only downside of the bogies is I think I need to add an extended mag release since my thumb barely hits the release. (I've never had a problem, but the extended would give me a bit more confidence in hitting the button where now I really have to be aware of it)

That's why I bought a Shadow 2 :P

On 3/31/2017 at 5:43 PM, JGus said:

I prefer the LOK grips Roughnecks with palm swell.  They are more aggressive than the Bogey pattern. The LOK grips Roughneck pattern is the identical pattern of the VZ Diamondbacks. 

INteresting you say that. The Bogies are supposed to be the most aggressive pattern according to Jayson.