Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what OAL will reliably feed a cz tactical sport and 2011?

KindredGhost

Greetings Gang,

So right now I load on a xl650.  I have two quick change kits setup for my 2011 which loads to 1.18 OAL, and another tool head that I use to load for my XDM 5.25 & CZ Tactical sport to an OAL of 1.13 both in 40sw.  Is there a middle ground that will allow me to reliably feed in all my pistols?  What do you guys think?  I want to free up one of my tool heads so I can load 45acp.  

Thanks in advance!
KG

I have not heard of a happy medium...it really depends on what your 2011 can reliably feed more then anything.  Your more limited on the CZ Tac sport with Magazine not being able to fit in a longer round.  My Tac Sport can get about 1.140 before I have issue you might need to load some test rounds to see what fits your mags well.  If your 2011 can shoot a 1.130 - 1.140 well then that is your answer...but from what I have heard that is not likely.

You're likely looking at another tool head.

I've seen 2011's that run flawlessly loaded at 1.150 but I've never seen at CZ that can fit that in the mags.

I could be wrong but this might be a case that may be helped by finding a happy length along with a bullet profile that may feed well with both.

At the risque of confusing, I have my xl650 set to 1.165 for my CZ TS .40 S & W. My magazines will choke at 1.17+. the chamber is ~1.18.

In your case, are all three guns for competition? or is the XDM a carry gun?

3 hours ago, KindredGhost said:

my 2011  loads to 1.18 OAL, and  my XDM 5.25 & CZ Tactical sport to an OAL of 1.13 

Maximum OAL will vary from gun to gun, and from bullet to bullet (Not bullet weight,

but bullet profile).

By changing the bullet profile (manufacturer of bullet) you might be able to find a

common denominator for all three guns.

Have you tried The Plunk Test?  Can you load your current bullet to more than 1.13"

for the XDM/CZ?    Have you tried your current bullet at less than 1.18" for the STI?

Possibly a 1.15" might work for all three guns.

Changing bullet profile might allow you to load longer in your XDM/CZ.

You can also, very quickly and easily, and inexpensively, ream the chambers

of the XDM/CZ so they accept longer OAL's.

I run a TS and a Gans Guns custom 2011.  I load to 1.126" for both and have no feeding problems.  I'm am currently using Rainier 135gr and 155gr plated, truncated cone bullets and X-treme 155gr RNFP plated bullets.  I use MBX mags.  I also have an Infinity 1st gen mag with TTI guts.  It also runs fine.

All of these guns are for USPSA Limited.  My XDM being the backup to the backup.  I'm going to try loading 1.165 and see what happens.  I'll report back and maybe save someone else the time should they have the same question.  

Or I'll just keep things the way they are... It really seems like it'll be the most reliable.  I probably shouldn't cheap out considering the cost of the 2011 itself... :/

Thanks guys!

Kg

6 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

With the bullets you're currently using - might be able to find another

bullet that will feed at 1.16"  ...  

Agreed, but I am happy just having two different loads.

The redding easily adjustable/repeatable seating die is my friend :)