Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCCs that work - tell us about yours.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Jerome said:

Do you know which lower he selected? 

It appears that there are 3 (slightly) different PSA lowers for Glock magazines.   Differences appear to be minor.

#1.  Model PA-X9 easily identified by three holes in the trigger guard.  This lower is manufactured by New Frontier for PSA.  Proprietary parts for this lower can be purchased from NFA.  This is a billet lower.

#2. This model does not have the three holes in the trigger guard and the ejector has less meat to it compared to the PA-X9.  At first glance it appears to be the same ejector found in their Colt magazine lowers.  It also appears to use the same NFA magazine catch as #1.  This is a forged lower.

#3. Appears to be identical to #2 but includes LRBHO.

There are also differences in mag wells.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter
2 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

It appears that there are 3 (slightly) different PSA lowers for Glock magazines.   Differences appear to be minor.

#1.  Model PA-X9 easily identified by three holes in the trigger guard.  This lower is manufactured by New Frontier for PSA.  Proprietary parts for this lower can be purchased from NFA.  This is a billet lower.

#2. This model does not have the three holes in the trigger guard and the ejector has less meat to it compared to the PA-X9.  At first glance it appears to be the same ejector found in their Colt magazine lowers.  It also appears to use the same NFA magazine catch as #1.  This is a forged lower.

#3. Appears to be identical to #2 but includes LRBHO.

There are also differences in mag wells.

Bill

They offer a tuned(?) trigger EPT version on lowers. I'm wondering if it is worth it or resign to adding an improved one. Hyper Fire?

----------

The PSA EPT trigger starts with a polished mil-spec style single stage trigger assembly and micro-polishes the contact surfaces.  The trigger then gets an electroless nickel coating to assist in wear resistance and lubricity.  The result is a very satisfying single stage trigger.

-------------------------------

38 minutes ago, Jerome said:

They offer a tuned(?) trigger EPT version on lowers. I'm wondering if it is worth it or resign to adding an improved one. Hyper Fire?

I've purchased two complete 9mm PSA lowers with their standard single stage triggers.  They were typical mil-spec with heavy pull weight.  Those triggers had to go.  Hipefire 24c triggers in both of them now.

Maybe someone else has tried the EPT.  (Buy Hiperfire once, cry once?)

Edited by Flatland Shooter
37 minutes ago, 1911luvr said:

Unfortunately not. Buy Hiperfire once and you will buy Hiperfire again. And again. And your wallet will cry every time.

Only cried for the first one. It was the first time I ever spent that kind of dollars for a single trigger. 

Saw how good they are and smiled when the 2nd and 3rd were delivered. (But the wife may cry if she ever finds the bill.)

Bill

Only cried for the first one. It was the first time I ever spent that kind of dollars for a single trigger. 

Saw how good they are and smiled when the 2nd and 3rd were delivered. (But the wife may cry if she ever finds the bill.)

Bill

Then prepare for number 4 as they are on sale again at Joe Bob's for $175! Lol
https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Hiperfire_AR15_Hipertouch_24_Trigger_p/hf-hpt24.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine hasn't had a hiccup in ~500 rounds finally (knock on wood):

• Anderson stripped upper

• New Frontier 16" 9mm barrel

• Matrix Arms 15" M-Lok rail

• Kaw Valley Precision 9mm bolt

• BCM mod 4 charging handle

• Ebay "Tanker" muzzle brake (pretty accurate JP Cooley knock off in 9mm)

• Black Creek Precision dedicated 9mm lower, Colt pattern, w/ CMMG LPK

• Magpul CTR stock w/ Aero Buffer Tube and KAK 9mm heavy buffer

• Mapgul MOE grip and trigger guard

• Geissele SSA-E

• Primary Arms MD-ADS with PA absolute co-witness mount

• Griffin Armament M-Lok hand guard cover and handstop.

http://i.imgur.com/Wo7j6pO.jpg

I had a few issues to work through. The Kaw Valley bolt is a hybrid so it has a bunch of cuts in it to accommodate both glock and colt pattern. Unfortunately one of the cuts left a sharp corner at the breech that would gouge into the case head and prevent the round's tail from coming up in order to full chamber. Took a while to figure out that one, but the fix was easy, I just rounded the corner with a file. 

Next my Elftmann trigger I had planned on using didn't reset reliability. Swapped it out for a Geissele SSA-E and it's been 100%. I do have a Timney on the way which is reputed to work well with 9mm ARs. The reset on the SSA-E is just too long for my liking, I end up short stroking it quite a bit. 

Finally, I had a few instances where the mag wouldn't seat on a closed bolt, and I mean no matter how hard I beat on it. Figured out the feed ramp protrudes into the magwell a little at the front and the tip of the bullet was catching on it if it wasn't pushed all the way into the back of the mag. I've been more careful about loading that final round and haven't had an issue since. 

Edited by reshp1

New frontier armory lower

New frontier armory side charge upper

Taccom ulw barrel

Taccom carbon fiber handguard 

spinta BCG without extra weight

Mbx buffer with yellow spring

magpul stock with Mbx fang 

C-more 8 Moa with Mbx offset mount

147 grrn Xtreme

3.2 gr Titegroup 

Cci 500 small pistol primer

1.155 OAL 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2017 at 9:36 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

Bill

I am up to my 3rd one now, I know what your talking about.

CURRENT SETUP:

Quarter Circle 10 COLT lower

Go Ballistic upper with side charger.....relieved the internal so that the colt mags do not drag, easy insertion and drop free with ease.

Quarter Circle 10 Bolt......with 223 style extractor

TACCOM UWL barrel.....no hand guard.....foam on the barrel shroud

TACCOM 2 stage 9mm Buffer system w/rifle buffer spring

MFT stock

JP Trigger

ACS magazines and Metal Form magazines

TACCOM SPLICE

3D printed Extensions fro TACCOM free download area.

Vortex venom sight with riser

Typically running 124 grain factory that are coming out at 1080FPS out of the barrel.

Does anyone have any experience with the Dark Storm Industries DS-9 Typhoon? 

I just bought one and it was a complete impulse buy with zero research done on the company.  I'm hoping to get positive reviews!

I did try the search function on the forum and it brought up nothing, by the way.

Spinta bolt
Anderson lower -SBR'ed
Ballistic advantage 5.5" barrel
Milspec LPK
Lower conversion block - KAK
MFT stock
Magpul K2 grip
Aero upper
Aero quantum 12" handguard, tucked Octane 45 can
KVP 7.5 oz buffer
308 buffer spring
Vortex Spitfire

Been 100% with for hundreds of rounds with the crappy milspec trigger, not so with other triggers.  Still working on that.

I just got a Just Right Carbine. It's been 100% reliable so far with 300 down the pipe. I've shot only reloads through it, 95 grain, 115 grain and 120 grain coated / cast bullets.  I've noticed that accuracy increase as bullet weight increases. I'm getting 1" groups at 75 yards with 120 grain over 4.2 of WSF, which is my minor pistol load. Stock Glock mags. Stock trigger is VERY gritty which will be my first replacement part.

On 7/22/2017 at 3:29 PM, ChuckS said:

Last week at practice, the firing pin tip broke off. Today, at the match, the "gas key" sheared. I am officially withdrawing from this thread...

Everything breaks at some point.  The knowledge of how you solved the problem is more valuable to yourself and others, than never experiencing a problem.  Even the best of PCC's will eventually have a failure,  so better to know now  what to do when the inevitable happens.