Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCCs that work - tell us about yours.

PSA glock upper/lower snapped together.  Runs like a champ.  Took third the first time I shot it, 1st M open pistol, 2nd GM open pistol shooting PCC.

I put a tanker brake on it to help the timer.  I learned 36 round Glock mag with Dawson basepad swells at the top when full.  Had to be stripped by hand when on a several mag change stage.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Quarter Circle 10 Glock Small Frame lower/ JP bolt combo has been pretty damn good with about 4 different uppers, 4 different fire control groups, half a dozen different loads, and an un-countable amount of buffer/buffer spring combos.  One fire control group(Elftmann) had minor(2 out of 400) reset issues and some load/buffer+spring combos put it near NFA land(bump-bursts). Using Glock mags all configurations have fed, shot, extracted and ejected. 

13 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

I just pulled the rounds out of all 7 mags.  All still drop free.  They are all newer magazines.

Did it take a while for the magazines to weaken where they would deform?  (Please say yes.)

Have you seen any similar problems with the 15 rd mags with Dawson basepads?

Bill

No, mine have deformed since new.

I typically only download on Classifier stages to ensure they drop.

On 3/28/2017 at 10:53 AM, 1911luvr said:

I'm no spring chicken either, and pushing 260, so I can relate. This was my best run and it felt good at the time. All A zone except one C on the last target. It was 7 seconds off the lead time (an open pistol shooter). I know I had a couple misses on the steel I need to clean up, but even if I shot once per target and didn't have a mag change, I don't know how I could shave that much time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've got plenty of places to make up that time diference, You don't realize how long you spend on those reloads, etc. Reload while moving to that 2nd position. Run directly to the 2nd position. Shoo the swinger on the first show. And the make-up shots on the star all cost you a little time. You have to get it in your mind how all those little bits of time add up. 7 seconds is NOT very long...

JP GMR rocks with factory Glock mags and/or ETS 17 and 31 rds mags with or without Dawson extensions.

I assembled one from:

Runner Runner (NFA) lower

JP bolt

Hiperfire 24C

Faxon 16" lightweight barrel

JP 9mm SCSS with 2 of the tungsten weights replaced with steel and lighter .223 spring.

TACCOM magwell

Lone Wolf "gill" 9mm pistol comp/brake

Lancer 15" handguard (almost completely covers comp) and fixed A1 CF stock

Stark grip

Cmore Railway

BCM/Vltor mid-size latch charging handle

The gun is running great, but even on my NON-LRBHO system, I have had a bolt catch fail from dropping the bolt on it to lock the action open. Catch has finally bent so much that it no longer moves correctly in its recess.

PSA Glock lower/ PSA 16" upper, PSA bolt, Kaw Vally buffer/spring, UM Tactical rage comp, odinworks mag release, Hyperfire 24c. Ran extremely well at the 1 and only PCC match we've had with 3 people shooting it all day. Only issue I had was a nasty doublefeed at the very end due to a really dirty magazine.

PSA dedicated Colt pattern lower with Magpul stock and pistol grip

Timney 3# single stage trigger

Blitzkrieg Hydraulic buffer with JP AR-10 spring

Aero Precision upper

PSA 16" 9mm barrel

PSA G-9 Hybrid bolt

Double Star handguard

C-More Railway RDS

Metalform 32 round mags

Active left side charger conversion by Jim Skeel

20170209_142251.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:53 AM, 1911luvr said:

I'm no spring chicken either, and pushing 260, so I can relate. This was my best run and it felt good at the time. All A zone except one C on the last target. It was 7 seconds off the lead time (an open pistol shooter). I know I had a couple misses on the steel I need to clean up, but even if I shot once per target and didn't have a mag change, I don't know how I could shave that much time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you looked awesome!!!.....keep having fun!!

JP GMR-13 straight from Shooter's Connection back in May of 2016.  Haven't had a single problem.  Used my same production loads with great success.  May start to dial in a specific load for it.  Just dropped a Hiperfire 24c in it a month ago.  Haven't had a chance to run that through its paces yet.  Topped with a Trijicon RMR at the moment that i stole off what was going to be a carry optics build.

I bought a TNW survival rifle at a local gun shop because I really liked that I can unscrew the handguard, and pull the barrel out.

I gave it to a machinist, who is a friend of mine, and he drilled and tapped the safety & the magazine release, which is inconveniently located on the left side, in front of the magwell. I also had him thread the barrel, which he made a comp for, and he put at least one mercury, recoil reducer in the stock.

I tried a variety of loads through it, from 115 grain-165 grain bullets. In my plastic pistols, loads with 160 grain coated bullets have the least recoil, but, in the carbine, I get more muzzle jump than any other load.The chamber is shorter than any other 9mm I own. I put together a load with 115 hp bullets, with Autocomp behind them, and I know the comp isn't getting much gas, but, I have less muzzle jump than any of my other "production" loads. I happened to have my chronograph with me, the last time I went out, and was shocked to see Winchester White box, 115 fmj at 163 pf. My loads with Autocomp came in about 142pf.

I don't have an exact round count, but, I've shot 5 matches with it. I don't know if it's because of the blowback design, or, maybe the loads with Autocomp are dirty, but, it runs perfect for about 100 rounds, then, starts to choke. I have a match this Sunday, and am taking some cleaning supplies along, and going to pull the barrel after about 50 rounds to clean it, and hopefully won't have any issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is a PSD 80% Colt pattern lower. CMMG 9mm buffer with a spacer made from some quarters, generic carbine spring, KE Arms DMR trigger, standard safety, Colt 9mm bolt catch, normal mag button, Magpul SL stock. Upper is forged flat top, (unsure who made it), holds a Wilson 16" barrel, Colt 9mm A2 birdcage,  BCM KMR-A 13" rail, CMMG MK-9 bolt.  For sights I run a LaRue BUIS rear, and a Troy HK style fixed front. Waiting on my Burris Fastfire III to come in the mail from that rebate, probably going to stick it on one of the Burris 410348 mounts. 

Magazines...my gun will not run Metalform style (RRA, Colt, PSA) mags at all. ASC mags work 100%. I run both 20s and 32s with no issues. 

Ammo: Gun will not run any steel or aluminum cased stuff I've fed it. It runs ok with most brass 115 gr, but runs with authority using NATO spec 9x19. I have had no problems with  147 gr JHPs from Hornady, Winchester, or Federal. Did one 3-Gun match locally a couple weeks ago, ran the NATO stuff, had no issues. Even hit some micro poppers at 100 yards. Accuracy is very good, especially with the Hornady XTP bullets.

I definitely had some problems at first, once I got the ejector bent right the gun has run well. It does like to run wet, and I've noticed after 200-300 rds I will start having some hiccups. Cleaning the bolt and lubing it, and wiping out the receiver gets it running again. 

The more I shoot it, the more I like it.  It does seem to shoot a little rougher than a 5.56 gun though, and the mag changes are a lot harder. I plan on trying a Taccom magwell soon for the latter problem.

On 4/2/2017 at 7:17 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I shot my Quarter Circle 10 Glock lower today. Ran perfectly but I still need to work on the reloads for classifiers and stages. Thanks, Eric

IMG_7555.JPG

Still wearing those crazy plaid short pants!   :D

IMG_20170223_001035.jpg

PSA 9mm Forged Dedicated Glock®-style Lower Receiver LRBHO
Anderson Manufacturing Lightweight Sport AR Upper Receiver
FAXON FIREARMS 9mm Taper 10.5 in Nitride Barrel
Magpul MOE SL Grip
Guntec 10" M-LOK Handguard Rail
Blitzkrieg Components 9mm AR-15 Hydraulic Buffer & Spring Combo - PISTOL/SBR
ULW 9MM MUZZLE BREAK
KNS Anti-Walk Pins

Edited by morpheus

Took a little bit to get it running right. Factory Stag mags were junk; switched to Metal Forms, and they are 100%.

Lefty Stag upper/lower/barrel

Geissele SAA-E trigger

Lancer carbon fiber foregrip

Lantec Dragon muzzle brake

Blitzkrieg Components pneumatic buffer (kept breaking BHOs)

Since the photo, I've added an Eotech 512.

20160806_165729_zpsylr577id.jpg

My little two stamper:

PSA Colt lower

Matrix side charging upper

Faxon 4.5" 9mm barrel

HK Parts 3-lug 1/2X28 barrel adapter

Odin Works 02 Lite Keymod Handguard

BCM carbine receiver extension

BCM Mod 3 grip

MFT minimilist stock

JP 9mm bolt

JP 9mm SCS

JP EZ trigger kit

PSA 32 round mags

Silencerco Octane 9 suppressor

Primary Arms red dot w/ Larue quick disconnect mount.

With no mag, no suppressor and no red dot, it weighs 5# 2oz.

It took me a little while to get it working properly. I had to bend the ejector to ride next to the inside of the bolt to get it to eject the spent brass and I had to file (shorten), the bolt catch extension (it originally extended to far into the mags obstructing the bullets causing mis-feeds). I also had to notch the Odin Works handguard to fit around the bump on the upper for the side charging handle.

Now that I've got it working reliably, I've run 115, 124 & 147 gr Freedom Munitions new and reman without any issues. All suppressed.

20170408_161433.jpg

20170408_161508.jpg

20170226_121951.jpg

Edited by texascavediver

Aero slick upper

Seekins 15" NOXs rail

JP Bolt 

JP 16" SuperMatch Barrel

BCM charging handle

AP Mfg brake

NFA Glock lower

JP lpk 

Hiperfire 24c

SI Viper stock

KVP buffer tube, 9mm buffer and 308 carbine buffer spring

Glock 33rd and ETS 31rd mags

It has run 100% since putting it together. Zero issues or "tuning" needed so far.