Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCCs that work - tell us about yours.

I see lots of posts about PCCs that don't work, this thread is for those that do work. Tell us about your PCC set-up and the ammo you use for it to run correctly.

Added on edit:  What magazines do you use?

Edited by wheelie
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFA side-charging upper, Runner Runner (NFA) lower, JP barrel, Spinta Bolt, Trigger Tech Trigger, C-more

It likes:

Black and Blue 124 RN, 3.8 gr N320 WSP 1.140

Black and Blue 124 RN, 4.2 gr N340 WSP 1.140

Frontier 124 RN, 3.8 gr N320 WSP 1.140

Frontier 121 FP, 3.8 gr N320 WSP 1.140

MG 121 IFP, 3.8 gr N320 WSP 1.140

Xtreme 115 RN, 3.3 Gr TG, WSP, 1.125

Black & Blue 135 RN, 3.0 TG, WSP, ?

It doesn't like:

Haven't found one yet. :rolleyes:

ETA: per request: Glock 31/TF extensions and Glock 10 for classifiers/standards/speed shoots.

Edited by ChuckS

Mine is not the typical AR-based PCC.  I put together a Glock 17-based MechTech PCC.  It will shoot any off-the-shelf 9mm and will reliably run reloads with a PF of 135K or better (normally 147g Bayou's). The only challenge I've had is getting the right magazine spring combinations when utilizing the Taylor Freelance 10+ extensions.

Tavor X95 9mm.  115, 124, 147... subsonic, supersonic... can't find anything it doesn't run.  Just did my 4th USPSA PCC match with it yesterday, and along with 2 outlaw defensive carbine matches and a couple hundred rounds of range shots testing / sighting in I've got nearly 2 cases of ammo down the barrel in a little under 2 months. 

I've reached for the charging handle *once*, and that was in the last stage of a 7 stage match right after I got it.  No other PCCs at any of the matches have ran as well.  Even the GMR-13s have had multiple FTEs, and the MPXs have been a reliability joke.  Won't even comment on the two folks who keep showing up with Keltecs. 

I'm amazed I haven't seen more of them in competition.  They're expensive, but even with an aftermarket trigger (Geissele SS) they're not as pricy as the Wilson, and it's getting beat on badly in reviews for reliability as well.  Haven't seen a Wilson in person at any of the matches I've been to, however, so that's pure secondhand on my part.

I just need to figure out how to get faster.  In a way it would be better if it jammed more often... I could blame my mid-pack showings on the gun.  Unfortunately it's all on me... sacrificing too much speed for accuracy, and that loses stages time after time.

New Frontier Armory billet Glock lower, NFA bolt, Aero Precision upper, charging handle, YHM fore end and barrel from MAS Defense...comp from McDonald Precision on the way...135 Bayou coated and 147 Precision Delta with 3.6 or better WSF....2500 rounds without a bobble....still undecided about optics... currently a Vortex SPARC II

Not mine, but a friend let me run a stage with his fairly new sig saturday after match was over.

We were shooting Winchester white box 115's. He said that so far he has not had any malfunctions & the gun has ran whatever he has tried.

Also said that you aren't supposed to load 147's in his gun, news to me. Not my thing, but it is impressive how easy it is to be accurate. 

Hello: I have three so far. Mech Tech with Glock 17 lower. The other two are Quarter Circle 10 lowers, one Glock and one Colt mag. Barrels are JP 16", Wilson Arms 16" stainless, KAW valley 16". Hiperfire 24c triggers, Jard 2lb trigger, JP bolt, Matrix Bolt, KAW bolt, various upper receivers. Various buffer setups. Find a bullet profile your rifle likes and overall length as well. Load to 131-137PF and you should be good. Thanks, Eric

2 hours ago, phoenixsomd said:

Mine is not the typical AR-based PCC.  I put together a Glock 17-based MechTech PCC.  It will shoot any off-the-shelf 9mm and will reliably run reloads with a PF of 135K or better (normally 147g Bayou's). The only challenge I've had is getting the right magazine spring combinations when utilizing the Taylor Freelance 10+ extensions.

Ditto

My MPX (Gen1 and 2 factory mags) has no issues now that it's broken in

The blowback AR9 is Glock mag fed (oem, Taccom coupled OEM, and ETS) eats everything too ... Specs on that:

PSA non LRBHO lower

Aero upper

Spinta BCG

Faxon barrel

Odinworks O2 Lite handguard

Nerd comp

Raptor charging handle

Hiperfire trigger

Talon Ambi safety

Blitzkrieg buffer w 308 spring

7 quarters in buffer tube to limit travel

Odinworks xgmr mag release

6d3e3d6f1a2a8073442a4da9054f7286.jpg

0e85752ea490719f0389e5456f31911c.jpg

Mine is pretty much bone stock Palmetto State Armory AR9 (for Glock magazines) with a Hiperfire 24c trigger and CMMG ambi-safety.  I also added an aluminum magwell produced by "bmiller" here on the forum.

I settled on a soft and accurate load for USPSA of 147 gr RN plated bullets over 3.0 gr N320 for PF 132.   I'm just over 2000 rds and have had one and only one failure to feed. It just over a week ago and not repeated.  I've not shot this load over 50 yards and if I start to use mu PCC for 3 gun, I'll switch out the Cmore slideride for a variable scope and experiment with some 124 gr bullets.

My only complaint is the barrel requires I load most bullets short.  X-treme 147 gr RN must be loaded to 1.085" to pass the plunk test.  Blue Bullets 125 gr coated RN bullets can be loaded a bit longer at 1.110".

All magazines are factory Glock with Dawson +5 basepads.  The 17 rd now hold 22 rd and the 33 rd now hold 36 rd.

Bill

My JP GMR-13 is relatively new but has run 100% with my reloads, Hornady 124 RN, WSP, 3.5 gr. Tite Group.  Running stock Glock 17 round mags and Glock 33 round mags with Dawson pads (36 rounds).  Need to drop to 35 rounds to reload on a closed bolt.  

Have a Wilson AR9. Use glock 33rd mags. Does not like bullets longer than 1.140". Using 5gr N340, Berry's 115 gr hollow base, CCI primers, and range brass. Not a single problem since I started reloading.

Shot Steal Challenge over weekend, 200 rounds no problem.

Like NervousEnergy's comment above;

"I just need to figure out how to get faster.  In a way it would be better if it jammed more often... I could blame my mid-pack showings on the gun.  Unfortunately it's all on me... sacrificing too much speed for accuracy, and that loses stages time after time."

Have a good day and a better tomorrow. 

What are your thoughts on the Nerd comp? Did it really help?

Didn't do a damn thing on my mpx and tossed it on the AR9 since it needed something to cover the threads ... Doubt its doing anything there too aside from making it easier for timers to pick up the shots

Datona Tactical Lower

VLTOR:

Upper

Buffer tube

Ambi Charge Handle

JP Enterprise:

Barrel

Bolt

Silent Capture Spring

Competition Comp

Revolution Trigger (#2.9lb)

Matrix Aerospace Handguard

C-More Railway 6moa

Burris Fastfire 3moa on 45* mount

Glock Mags

115g to 147g bullets 110- 155pf 1.09-1.150ol.

Tested 10 rounds of various powder (fast and slow) and bullet weights (about 250 total rounds) with each comp to see if there was any significant reason to choose one over the other.

No complaints with reliabuility or accuracy.

IMG_4527.JPG

I just need to figure out how to get faster.  In a way it would be better if it jammed more often... I could blame my mid-pack showings on the gun.  Unfortunately it's all on me... sacrificing too much speed for accuracy, and that loses stages time after time.

I had the same problem Saturday at a USPSA match. I thought I was shooting fast, but after 6 stages I was only 9th place and 46 seconds off the top time. I realize now I spent too much time worrying about accuracy as I finished with 178 A zone hits out of 188 targets, while the top shooter had 163. I've only been shooting PCC a few months so I should be happy, but I need to figure out how to push the pace more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reflection on speed... OK, I'm 69, and overweight....I ain't gonna win the Cadillac, but out of courtesy they still let me play...however, if you come from multi gun, and are used to time plus scoring with two hits neutralizing the target, to pistol scoring shooting a minor scoring caliber you really need to shoot a lot of "A" hits....fast helps

Stag 9mm LH ... with Hiper Fire 24C ..C-More RTS2 scope.. 124 gr RN Ranier bullets using 4.5gr 7625 powder - 1.14 COL ... ... after a rocky start because of a defective bolt .. . my carbine now runs great..

I bought a complete CMMG 9mm pistol lower that takes Colt pattern mags, converted it to a carbine.  I got a 9mm upper from a guy on Gunbroker, with a Wilson SPR profile barrel, and other unknown name parts.  I swapped out the 5.56 receiver for a CMMG 9mm receiver.  I'm using a mix of Colt, ASC, C-products, and a modified Uzi mag.  I have one ASC mag that likes to throw ammunition out of it, but the other magazines have been trouble free.  I run WWB ammunition, my Steel Challenge 115 PF ammunition, and other various 9mm ammunition, and have had no problems.  It's the top AR in the picture.

competitionguns.jpg

reflection on speed... OK, I'm 69, and overweight....I ain't gonna win the Cadillac, but out of courtesy they still let me play...however, if you come from multi gun, and are used to time plus scoring with two hits neutralizing the target, to pistol scoring shooting a minor scoring caliber you really need to shoot a lot of "A" hits....fast helps

I'm no spring chicken either, and pushing 260, so I can relate. This was my best run and it felt good at the time. All A zone except one C on the last target. It was 7 seconds off the lead time (an open pistol shooter). I know I had a couple misses on the steel I need to clean up, but even if I shot once per target and didn't have a mag change, I don't know how I could shave that much time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
21 hours ago, NervousEnergy said:

I struggled with the same thing at first- shot way too many points at the expense of speed. Now I just try to keep moving at a speed that allows me to shoot continuously. I give up a few points, but my times have gone way down. Here's a 32 round stage from Saturday that I shot in 13.4 seconds for a 10.13 HF. 

NFA 80% Glock lower

NFA billet Side charge upper

Wilson arms 16" barrel

JP brake

Hyperfire 24E trigger

Captured pins

Faxon Bolt

JP Silent Captured Spring,  .223 spring and H2 buffer weight

Glock 33 round mags with Taylor Freelance +10 pads

Taccom magwell

Strike industries strike switch safety

Odin Works mag release