Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shroud for an open Glock

Stevenb

The problem with Glocks or any polymer framed gun is the mounting of the shroud.  I have a friend that has gone through several frames because the mounting holes get to the point of non use after many rounds and disassembles.

On a 1911 with a thin dust cover it is still a problem.  Louis's Wilson Combat has the rail on the front and therefore a thicker dust cover for mounting.

The problem is that you can't screw into the plastic you must have a through stud of some kind.

The SJC Shroud uses the front acc rail, and the trigger pin is replaced by a screw. And it is for sale. $350.00 for the Shroud alone. $600.00 for Shroud and stick shift.text me at 225-405-7653 if interested.

9 hours ago, ClangClang said:

If you want to sell things here, make 50 constructive posts, then you can use the Classifieds like everyone else.

Get real man, the OP posted the question and bwmcjr1 offered a solution.  Considering the OP has a better shot at getting hit by a meteor than finding another Glock Bianchi shroud, I see no issue with it.

Additionally, the rest of this site is 99% geared toward USPSA stuff, so this is the subforum for all things NRA-AP/Bianchi related if a person actually wants an answer.

Edited by RippinSVT

I don't see an exception in the rules that takes rarity of the item into account. It's a violation, fair's fair. Next time if he doesn't have enough posts he should send a private message with a sale offer instead of trying to maximize exposure by posting it publicly without the necessary post count.

I don't see an exception in the rules that takes rarity of the item into account. It's a violation, fair's fair. Next time if he doesn't have enough posts he should send a private message with a sale offer instead of trying to maximize exposure by posting it publicly without the necessary post count.

Yea I'm sure that's exactly what he was doing. Certainly not just trying to help somebody out...

1 hour ago, BaggerJoe said:

I agree with RippinSVT. Not like bwmcjr1 came on here posting something for sale. Stevenb was asking about something very specific that I doubt many people have ever heard of or knew existed. 

I might have agreed with you if he didn't post 3 separate times with more and more info. Once was enough, no?

This is the direction I would head. 
https://algdefense.com/6-second-mount.html

How would you mount wings to that? Not enough material there.

If you can get that big SJC shroud, that seems like the best option. Having the larger piece of aluminum would probably take some of the stress off of the frame compared to other options.

OP: why are you looking into this for a glock as opposed to a different platform?

The SJC Shroud definitely has a lot more meat to mount some sort of wings but I can tell you from experience the ALG mount is rock solid. Not sure why anyone would want to shoot a Glock in Bianchi Open but .. hey.. to each thier own. Glock in Metallic , all day long. 

20 hours ago, bwmcjr1 said:

The SJC Shroud uses the front acc rail, and the trigger pin is replaced by a screw. And it is for sale. $350.00 for the Shroud alone. $600.00 for Shroud and stick shift.text me at 225-405-7653 if interested.

Thanks for the offer, I was more curious than anything.